Close

Default WWOT - Brave Browser Now Does LLM AI

So, it's the same basic technology as ChatGPT and Claude: a large language model. But - unlike those, it's private. It won't use your queries to enhance its LLM, won't use what you give it to advertise to you, won't squirrel it away to sell to others as insight into you, and won't remember anything you ask it. I just asked it to: 'Create a poem about Charlie Parker' and got this back:

Here's a short poem about Charlie Parker:

Charlie Parker, a legendary name,
    A jazz great, a saxophone fame.
    With bebop and improvisation, he'd play,
    His music still lives on, day by day.

It's a result that won't win any awards, but I've been waiting a long time to play privately with an AI. If you have too - here's your chance. And - this version is free. They have another, smarter, one for a fee. I doubt it will write any award-winning poetry either. But... who knows?

I asked it to, "Tell me about Software Audio Workshop and Software Audio Console"

And it answered:

Software audio workshop and software audio console are both related to audio production and editing, but they serve different purposes.Software audio workshop is a program that provides a variety of tools and features for recording, editing, and mixing audio. It's designed for musicians, podcasters, and audio engineers who want to create and produce high-quality audio content.Software audio console, on the other hand, is a virtual mixing board that allows you to control and mix multiple audio sources in real-time. It's commonly used in live events, such as concerts, theater productions, and webinars, where multiple audio sources need to be mixed and controlled simultaneously.Both software audio workshop and software audio console can be useful tools for audio production and editing, depending on your specific needs and goals.

Not bad, right?

But then I asked where I could buy it - and it got that completely wrong. Bob must really hide that.

Default Re: WWOT - Brave Browser Now Does LLM AI

Once you set it to music, you guys can be like Becker & Fagan...

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Once you set it to music, you guys can be like Becker & Fagan...
    Right. We'll only use session musicians - lots of them.

We'll work out of LA, but most of our songs will reference NY.

We'll call ourselves 'Silicon Sally' - although that is not a reference to anything in Naked Lunch, so don't bother to look for it.

And we won't tour until our popularity fades (except in Japan).

I was thinking the second coming of Silicon Sally was just about going through the motions!

Having Steely Dan, one of my absolute favorite bands, deliver the supreme disappointments on post Gaucho efforts was disheatening. I thought they were done - and that the concerts would be a sad echo. However for a birthday gift, my wife bought tickets for them doing the Aja album (and them some) at the Beacon Theater, which totally blew me away in how good it was performed. I saw several shows since, which had been consistently great.

I had never heard of the Teddy Bears until I read your post. I thought I was being original. Now Leo and I will have to come up with a different name. To be fair - I think they misspelled 'silicone'. Too late for them to change it now, I suppose...

But Steely Dan is one of my favorites too.