Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problem with the Shade in the preferences files.

Hi,

When I change Shade and sound card to save it in the preferences file, the default Shade remains when opening the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my English.

Pedro V.
    Last edited by Pedro V; 11-21-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with the Shade in the preferences files.

Pedro,

Then you must not be updating the "Preferences|.prf" data file!

The Procedure
    1. For File, Preferences File, select: Save Default
    * Observations:
    a) If there IS NO .prf data file then, then a new .prf data file is created.
    b) If there IS a .prf data file then, then that .prf data file will be updated.

Let me know what occurs!

I will upload a video.
    Last edited by Pedro V; 11-21-2023 at 02:52 PM.

It seems that shades are only saved in a way that they are recalled when starting SAW, if you save the new shade as a preference DEFAULT. They don't recall with a simple saved preference file - as you demonstrated in your video - and as I just assumed until I tried to verify it for myself.

But in the manual it says yes, according to my level of English, intelligence, and Google Translate.

From the Sawtudio manual:

SAWStudio will also accept a .prf filename on the command line when starting up. In this manner, multiple preference files (including different shades) can be maintained and loaded automatically. You do not need path information for the .prf file, only the filename.

Blog Entries

Pedro,

You must save the Preferences as "Default"...as noted above

The Procedure
    1. For File, Preferences File, select: Save Default
    * Observations:
    a) If there IS NO .prf data file then, then a new .prf data file is created.
    b) If there IS a .prf data file then, then that .prf data file will be updated.
    Unless Bob's chimes-in here, I do not believe that shares can be stored within a .prf data file [I am not sure why you would want to do this anyhow?]

From the Manual, "Reset To Original Vintage - This option allows you to switch back to the original SAWStudio interface graphics. The active graphic library can be saved with the Preferences as the default."

As a point-of-interest here, always go from the known to the unknown. Thus, I DO know that shades are stored with the Preferences - [once a Save Default action is invoked], but I really DO NOT know if a shade can be stored as a separate-and-distinct .prf data file. After checking our the Manual and then testing this anomaly out for myself, it would, thus, appear to be the situation here...that is, that changes to a shade are not stored with a separate .prf data file.

Hope this both helps and makes sense?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 11-21-2023 at 04:45 PM.

Done!

Check : https://vimeo.com/887075947?share=copy

You can do whatever you want with this wonder. I want to do this with my new system in mind that will also be used for DJing.

Thanks!

I'm running SawStudio, MWS and SAC with Parallels on a Mac with M1. It works for some execution tests like these and little more than one could imagine.

Over the weekend I will try it well on a Lenovo with Intel.

You could run multiple instances on the same PC with the same and different configurations and sound cards.

I think SAC Remote can be used perfectly on an iPad with Parallels…

Everything points well.

We'll see.

Excuse my English.

It appears that the shade saves only with the default prf files... I will have to go back and look at the code.

Bob L