Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Problem with the Shade in the preferences files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You can run multiple instances of both SAWStudio and SAC... but you must be careful that you only have one instance accessing the same soundcard channels... you may divy up one multichannel soundcard amongst different instances.
    Would divvying up the soundcard be true of 2 studios, or is that a feat that the sac engine manages?

Blog Entries

Please peruse the following: [Click_Me]

Certain soundcards do allow multi-client driver use... check with the manufacturer... but in general when I do multi SAWStudio instances, I might assign chans 1-4 to one and chans 5-8 to another... etc.

Bob L

Thanks Bob, thanks and thanks, and etcetera...

Thanks.

Excuse my English.

A hug.
    Last edited by Pedro V; 11-23-2023 at 05:04 AM.

I'm going to see if that divided soundcard thing works with Presonus seriesIII.

Some pertinent notes (with added bold) from tfm page 39:

SAWStudio will also accept a .prf filename on the command line when starting up. In this manner, multiple preference files (including different shades) can be maintained and loaded automatically. You do not need path information for the .prf file, only the filename. It must be stored in the configuration folder under the SAWStudio folder.

Example:
    C:\SAWStudio\SAWStudio.exe Test.prf

Note that if any of the target line paths or names contain spaces, be sure to enclose the full pathname
    in quotes, with the /P option (if used) placed outside of the quotes.
    __________________________________________________ ______

JohnsTestString: "C:\SAWStudio\SAWStudio.exe OtherLookandChannels.prf D:\Audio\RefTune.edl" /P

I'm thinking just a dedicated stereo pair out. Maybe with a few control-track entries to make it loop a section?

Maybe /p can work on radio stations. How do you use a DAW in radio stations?

Sorry for my English.