Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: VST plugins problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Why are you guys using Ctrl+*? So far as I know the only undo-related "snapshot" key combo is simply *. Although after some experimenting, I see that any modifier key seems to be ignored when using the * feature. So it doesn't really matter.
    Oops! and all this time I've been using ctrl/* when I didn't need to.... duh.

From the manual:
    "... Pressing the[*] key on the keyboard numpad will force a snapshot (undo) of your current session. This can later be recovered as an undo item. Use this before performing automation or recording so you can revert back to before the numerous changes were made if you change your mind..."

I actually use it to create an undo point AFTER several operations that would not normally make one on their own (like automation, which Bugs me to no end, when I lose it in an unexpected crash). I also immediately follow it up with a ctrl/s for no other reason than an abundance of caution, for fear of losing precious changes.... that and that I've not taken time to experiment with these operations to try and learn what behavior is needed to give me confidence. That's because I generally haven't wanted to sit there experimenting between projects.... maybe I should on some cold, snowy, wintry day when I don't want to venture outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Why are you guys using Ctrl+*? So far as I know the only undo-related "snapshot" key combo is simply *. Although after some experimenting, I see that any modifier key seems to be ignored when using the * feature. So it doesn't really matter.
    Good question. I was wondering about that when I was jumping on the bandwagon in my comment. My brain can only remember so many commands, rather than * to generate an undo, I usually just ctrl-s to do a real save. Funny thing is there are many commands I just do - but can't really articulate with certainty what they are when I'm not editing - surely it has led to a misleading comment or two...

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    That's because I generally haven't wanted to sit there experimenting between projects.... maybe I should on some cold, snowy, wintry day when I don't want to venture outside.
    There's never enough time to learn all the subtleties of SAWStudio. But I suppose that applies to most programs.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Funny thing is there are many commands I just do - but can't really articulate with certainty what they are when I'm not editing - surely it has led to a misleading comment or two...
    I know exactly what you mean. So much of it becomes automatic/unconscious.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts