Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Talking SOT: The "Versatility" of RML Labs software!

Good day,

It never ceases to amaze me how "versatile" RML Labs software really-and-truly is!

Each and every time I find myself requiring a particular "scenario" in order to meet a current requirement - I find that I am able to configure the application workspace into pretty much whatever meets my needs at that particular time! Incredible!

Of the software applications that I have tested - Abelton Live, Camelot Pro, Cantabile, Gig Performer, Cubase, Harrison Mixbus, LiveProfessor, PG Music Power Tracks Pro, Plogue Bidule, Rack Performer and Reaper- to name but a few, I have never experienced the ease-of-use and the flexibility that comes as a result of the use of RML Labs software! Most of the aforementioned have what I would refer to as "a fixed look-and-feel" that, in a way, forces you into their way of thinking and doing things. Not so with RML Labs software...as noted previously.

In my endeavor to maintain the guiding principle behind this Forum, namely that..."These forums are setup to promote positive and useful information for learning and using the SAWStudio and SAC product lines..."...I have been developing a number of "Menu Dialogs" - five in total thus far. These are:

1) SAWStudio|MWS Session Developer: For SAWStudio and MIDI Workshop

• As well as NI's KONTAKT and Roland's SoundCanvas

2) SAW_MWS_Developer_v2: For SAWStudio and MIDI Workshop
    • Manages the complete installation and configuration of SAWStudio and MIDI Workshop

3) Session_Developer: For specifically managing the way in which I employ|deploy SAC and SAW
    4) Session_Producer: As companion application to Session_Developer - with a focus on Session management
    5) Session_Master Main Menu: My first attempt at developing a multi-menu environment.

A sampling: [Click_Me]

I am looking forward to many more years, DV, of seeing what I am able to do with RML Labs software!

I sincerely hope that the above information will be of some practicable use to others? Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-01-2023 at 09:48 PM.

Default Re: SOT: The "Versatility" of RML Labs software!

Dell,

You are a very special person for this forum.
    I think your initiative is very good.

I wish I could help you.

I support you.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Pedro V; 12-01-2023 at 07:40 PM.

Blog Entries

God day,

As an aside, AutoIt, is in some ways, very similar to AutoHotkey...and for those that might remember, was a favorite of Brett Brandon's...whom provided an number of interesting utilities for SAC.

The only potential downside of AutoHotkey was that the application always needed to be "present" - that is, "resident" in order to "work".

Not so, with AutoIt!

And though both scripting languages can be "complied", from what I have been able to glean, AutoIt's compiler is more akin to C++ than what is provided with AutoHotkey.
    * Please note, that Windows is written in C+.

Anyhow, if anyone interested in a customized implementation of AutoIt, please let me know via email.

Thank you for your time....appreciated!

PS: Here are a few updates: [Click_Me]
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-05-2023 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

It never ceases to amaze me how "versatile" RML Labs software really-and-truly is!

Each and every time I find myself requiring a particular "scenario" in order to meet a current requirement - I find that I am able to configure the application workspace into pretty much whatever meets my needs at that particular time! Incredible!

Of the software applications that I have tested - Abelton Live, Camelot Pro, Cantabile, Gig Performer, Cubase, Harrison Mixbus, LiveProfessor, PG Music Power Tracks Pro, Plogue Bidule, Rack Performer and Reaper- to name but a few, I have never experienced the ease-of-use and the flexibility that comes as a result of the use of RML Labs software! Most of the aforementioned have what I would refer to as "a fixed look-and-feel" that, in a way, forces you into their way of thinking and doing things. Not so with RML Labs software...as noted previously.

In my endeavor to maintain the guiding principle behind this Forum, namely that..."These forums are setup to promote positive and useful information for learning and using the SAWStudio and SAC product lines..."...I have been developing a number of "Menu Dialogs" - five in total thus far. These are:

1) SAWStudio|MWS Session Developer: For SAWStudio and MIDI Workshop

• As well as NI's KONTAKT and Roland's SoundCanvas

2) SAW_MWS_Developer_v2: For SAWStudio and MIDI Workshop
    • Manages the complete installation and configuration of SAWStudio and MIDI Workshop

3) Session_Developer: For specifically managing the way in which I employ|deploy SAC and SAW
    4) Session_Producer: As companion application to Session_Developer - with a focus on Session management
    5) Session_Master Main Menu: My first attempt at developing a multi-menu environment.

A sampling: [Click_Me]

I am looking forward to many more years, DV, of seeing what I am able to do with RML Labs software!

I sincerely hope that the above information will be of some practicable use to others? Thanks for your time.
    Well... I have it, the Session_Developer, a practical tool to get you straight into creation.

I'm just chiming in here to say thanks cuz SAW Studio really is great.

In 25 years of using SS, I have seldom, if ever, needed to use the undo files.

My current weekly project has weekly numbering that is easy to get mistaken and I forgot to rename one of the copies and destructively deleted the source audio. Well, to the rescue, find the corresponding undo file and hallelujah, work is not lost.

Just plain great software!

Blog Entries

SawStudio is great but I do not understand the purpose of Menu Dialogs running outside of the program when all these programs have the Menu Dialogs in them and keyboard shortcuts to do things already.

Blog Entries

Micro,
    Please check your PM's...if not, then please...disable that feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    I'm just chiming in here to say thanks cuz SAW Studio really is great.

In 25 years of using SS, I have seldom, if ever, needed to use the undo files.

My current weekly project has weekly numbering that is easy to get mistaken and I forgot to rename one of the copies and destructively deleted the source audio. Well, to the rescue, find the corresponding undo file and hallelujah, work is not lost.

Just plain great software!
    Interesting. But that seems quite impossible. An undo file does not contain source audio.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 01-15-2024 at 09:45 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    SawStudio is great but I do not understand the purpose of Menu Dialogs running outside of the program when all these programs have the Menu Dialogs in them and keyboard shortcuts to do things already.
    Same reason as Bob's outside-of-the-program, custom-shortcut capabilities: convenience. Personal preference. Fewer steps is a preference of many users, you see. Perhaps not one of yours?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Same reason as Bob's outside-of-the-program, custom-shortcut capabilities: convenience. Personal preference. Fewer steps is a preference of many users, you see. Perhaps not one of yours?
    I looked over all the buttons and I just do not see how it is easier to click on something outside the program that you can do inside the program with ease. Now if these were Macros that could to many things at once or give different functionality to SAW/MWS that would be cool but even then it would have to be done outside of the program. Anyway, just my 2 cents.