Close

Default Shrink finesse in MWS?

Hello Folks!
    Is there any key-cmds or shortcuts to shrink vertically the track view in MWS?
    I could not find any for doing that.
    It is VERY frustrating to layering chords and one have to adjust the notes area with the arrow keys in MWS, up and down all the time.
    Right now I am working with notes from A3 to F#5 and the upper notes suddenly jumped to another track when they where near the upper row. It does not help to have one track in fullscreen the notes are in the same size, no more space for layering notes.
    Maybe this is something for Bob to make, a " shrink finesse " in MWS.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shrink finesse in MWS?

Göran,

Are yo referring to the "height" of the tracks?

If so, use the [PageUp]|[PageDown] keys.
    * Note: Though this information is not noted in the MWS Manual, such IS noted t eh SAW Manual.

It might be apropos to keep-in-mind that MWS is built on SAW ideology, and thus, many of the feature of SAW are incorporated in MWS.

By-the-way, once you have determined an appropriate height for the MWS tracks, consider storing such as a "view".
    * I have a number of such "views" - for example "single" "quadruple" and "octuple" views.

Hope this helps?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Göran,

Are yo referring to the "height" of the tracks?

If so, use the [PageUp]|[PageDown] keys.
    * Note: Though this information is not noted in the MWS Manual, such IS noted t eh SAW Manual.

It might be apropos to keep-in-mind that MWS is built on SAW ideology, and thus, many of the feature of SAW are incorporated in MWS.

By-the-way, once you have determined an appropriate height for the MWS tracks, consider storing such as a "view".
    * I have a number of such "views" - for example "single" "quadruple" and "octuple" views.

Hope this helps?
    Thanks for the input!
    Well...yes I am referring to the "height" of the tracks.
    I do not know what happened but, Yes I was using the Page_up, Page_down keys, have used them many times before and suddenly the view is now G#2 to B-5.
    That is fine for me.

Blog Entries

Göran,

A couple of things,

Thing 1: To avoid what I refer to as "post bloat" could you please avoid too much "quoting..."
    * I hope you do not mind me asking, but many on this Forum tend to do that...it simply makes following a post to "clumsy". Thanks for your understanding here!

Thing 2: In the HelpFile, check out the "Zm In/Out Zones" and "Zm Up/Dn Zones"...I do believe that these sections will address your "scrolling" issues.
    * Again, these features are very helpful especially when employing the various MWS Track Views.

PS: Have you completed the "Getting Your Feet Wet!" Tutorials. If you have not, I strongly suggest that you do so. Very handy indeed! Last section of the HelpFile...

Again, I do hope this helps?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 12-11-2023 at 08:35 AM.

From the MWS helpfile:

[Left-Clicking] the Up/Dn zones shifts the MIDI note display bottom reference grid up or down, effectively shifting MIDI notes of different octaves into the center of the display.

[Shift-Left-Clicking] the Up/Dn zones expands or compresses the octave display range from the full 10 octaves to 1 octave, effectively showing more or less data.

Placing the mouse pointer within these zones and using the Wheel in a continuous motion can also adjust the offset or range in either direction.

[Ctrl-Left-Clicking] the Up/Dn zones auto ranges and centers the display data to fit the track display area. This can be useful to find MIDI data that starts out of the track display area because it might be in a different octave range than is currently visible.

Pressing the [PgUp/PgDn] keys will adjust the track height, effectively scaling the display data accordingly.

Take a moment to create different number key workspace views with larger track sizes and less tracks for zoomed-in close editing work. Then with the touch of key your screen display can shift from a fully zoomed out view of multiple tracks, to a magnified zoomed in view of one or two tracks.

The Midi WorkShop comes with a default set of workspace views. Take a moment to press [Ctrl-F1] through [Ctrl-F12] on the keyboard to familiarize yourself with these workspaces. See the section called "The Midi WorkShop Main Window" for information on creating your own workspace views.

Just use the Ctrl-Left-Click Up/Dn zones at the bottom of the MWS Multitrack to force the track to display the full range of midi notes used on the track.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Bob L,

"Shift-Left-Clicking] the Up/Dn zones expands or compresses the octave display range from the full 10 octaves to 1 octave, effectively showing more or less data."
    "Placing the mouse pointer within these zones and using the Wheel in a continuous motion can also adjust the offset or range in either direction."
    "[Ctrl-Left-Clicking] the Up/Dn zones auto ranges and centers the display data to fit the track display area. This can be useful to find MIDI data that starts out of the track display area because it might be in a different octave range than is currently visible."

"Wow!"..."Double-Wow!"...and "Triple Wow!"

Thanks, Bob! Completely missed these ones!!

"A day without learning is a day wasted. There is so much to learn and so little time to learn it." Albert Einstein

Well ... as always, so many times before, it's all there in the HELP file
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Göran,

You stated, "Well ... as always, so many times before, it's all there in the HELP file..." Repeat with me, Göran, "Read the Manual!" [Repeat as often as-is necessary!"

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Again, these features are very when using various MWS Track Views.
    ?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts