Close

Default MWS64 seeming pretty buggy

Is it just me? I hope so!

I remember having these kinds of issues in MWS32 back in the day, but I'd thought they'd got ironed out since. Maybe not?

I'm in Measure Map mode (Adjust Measure Map) trying to create a measure map that conforms to an existing song, and it seems like I just can't do anything right. Most anything I do creates all these unwanted temp change entries (blue vertical lines). MWS won't obey my downbeat alt-drags. I've also tried the down-arrow tap method, and it just doesn't work.

Thoughts? Yes, I'm on the 1.0d version of MWS, which appears to be the most current.

UPDATE: per the help file's tutorial instructions, I tried to open C:\SAWSTUDIO\AUDIO\SAMPLE_MIDI_01.EDL. Actually, there was nothing to open there (typo brought over from the SAWStudio32 help file?), but I did find an EDL by that name at C:\SAWStudio64\Native_PlugIns\. However, trying to open it causes a "Midi WorkShop Incorrect File Format!" prompt. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 12-11-2023 at 09:36 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: MWS64 seeming pretty buggy

Okay, looks like the measure mapping works much better if you don't set a new "zero locate point" on the time line. All bets are off if you do. That issue does seem to ring some bells for me. Still a little buggy, but much, much better.

RE: this missing midi driver in thing... I don't have any hardware to hook up, but shouldn't there be some kind of virtual MIDI in port available? I see all the virtual MIDI out ports. Or maybe I don't need one (nor the MIDI Thru mode that requires it) if I'm not going to be doing any physical MIDI control in to MWS or the VSTi it's feeding?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Default Re: MWS64 seeming pretty buggy

Dave,

As I tend to clean things up and remove data that I am not going to use, I nuked the tutorial files.

To keep from disrupting my current SAW/MWS install, I installed SAW to C:\SAW and then installed MWS into the same folder. This provided me with with needed tutorial files. I then made a backup for future use. I then nuked the SAW install.