Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MWS: selecting multiple notes across tracks for parameter editing en masse?

Can it be done? I can't seem to find any info saying so. Looks like I can only edit note parameters of a single track at once.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Default Re: MWS: selecting multiple notes across tracks for parameter editing en masse?

Dave,

This question was previously asked by Göran and then answered by Bob [Click_Me]

Default Re: MWS: selecting multiple notes across tracks for parameter editing en masse?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

This question was previously asked by Göran and then answered by Bob [Click_Me]
    Different question I'm afraid. I'm talking about being able to change note parameters for multiple notes across tracks. E.g. I have some horn "stabs" at the start of a phrase--played by three different instruments, each on its own track. I'd like to increase the note-on velocity of all these stabs at once.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,.

A couple of things,

1) As you know, terminology is very important me. So, when one employs the term "parameter", I am not at all sure what is precisely meant by the use of that term.
    * In checking the Manual, I see that that term parameter is used only once - page, 20, "Clear Click / Conductor Track"...wherein it states, "This option clears the track and resets all track parameters."
    * From this, we could assume that a parameter can be pretty much anything, as Midi is only concerned with data.

2) From what I have been able to ascertain for myself, though you can indeed copy multiple "note data", "control data" cannot be managed in such a manner.
    * Thus the "copy-and-paste" functionality would still be applicable here.
    * Patch settings can be copied to multiple tracks however. [p19]
    * I have employed the "copy-and-paste" functionality many, many times and thus far, all has worked as expected. [p46]

Hope this helps?

Select multiple tracks for editing by clicking on the track number which causes it to display in black... then edit your parameters and it will duplicate on all the selected tracks.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Select multiple tracks for editing by clicking on the track number which causes it to display in black... then edit your parameters and it will duplicate on all the selected tracks.

Bob L
    I have to say, I have tried just that...and though that works for many actions, changing the velocity on one of the selected tracks does not change the velocity on the others...at least on my MWS.

I'm using the DATA slider, and the pencil tool.
    I was able to control/drag down and then right click to copy volume, patch changes, but not velocity....??
    Last edited by richswit; 12-15-2023 at 06:32 AM.
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Blog Entries

Good day,

Same here...except...on this end, all that can be altered globally...is the pitch!

mark a beg (B) and End (E) on a track... then select multiple tracks and use the Modify menu options to change what needs adjusting and all selected tracks will be affected.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    mark a beg (B) and End (E) on a track... then select multiple tracks and use the Modify menu options to change what needs adjusting and all selected tracks will be affected.

Bob L
    BINGO!
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Blog Entries

Bob,

"Wow!"...again! Works for me as well!!