Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: MWS: selecting multiple notes across tracks for parameter editing en masse?

Dell, I'm referring to note on velocity in this case as a note parameter. I'm trying to find a way to simultaneously edit the value of this parameter for notes across several MWS tracks. I can't select them on more than one track at a time. But it appears (thanks to Bob's reply) that I can now change a parameter for all notes in a marked range across several tracks. So I need to mark a range rather than try to select notes for this purpose.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 12-18-2023 at 11:16 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: MWS: selecting multiple notes across tracks for parameter editing en masse?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Select multiple tracks for editing by clicking on the track number which causes it to display in black... then edit your parameters and it will duplicate on all the selected tracks.

Bob L
    Thanks, Bob. I now see that I can do this by including notes of interest (across multiple tracks) using a marked range. I'd been trying to select notes across multiple tracks (i.e. using Select Mode), which appears to be disallowed. I'd thought marked ranges were meant for cut/copy/paste operations exclusively. I stand corrected.

Is there a reason selecting notes on multiple tracks at once is not allowed? I ask because there are times when a marked range will include notes that I don't want to alter.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts