Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: How to use VST3s in SAW Studio

One thing Metaplugin does that this VST2 solution won’t provide is access to the key input that VST3 plugins have. I use the keying quite often, but for those plugins that I don’t need the keying for, this seems like a nice solution. Will give it a go.
    Michael McInnis Productions

As to Juce, I have been having an issue where the graphics on some plugins freeze up and stop updating until reloading the session. I wonder if this can be traced to Juce. Izotope plugins seem to exhibit this more often than others and i think they use Juce.

update: after looking at a list of plugins using Juce, I don***8217;t think this is the cause, as a number of plugins using Juce never seem to lockup on me.
    Last edited by MMP; 01-13-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    As to Juce, I have been having an issue where the graphics on some plugins freeze up and stop updating until reloading the session. I wonder if this can be traced to Juce. Izotope plugins seem to exhibit this more often than others and i think they use Juce.

update: after looking at a list of plugins using Juce, I don***8217;t think this is the cause, as a number of plugins using Juce never seem to lockup on me.
    I also have similar issues as you (in SAW64, Win10 LTSC, i7 desktop pc), plus sometimes the gui won't even display until I close and reopen SAW.
    This happens most often for me with Sonible fx.
    I've written both issues off to my pc's limited power/memory - maybe I'm wrong about that assumption?

Blog Entries

Good day,

To keep this posting from going too far south, could we please resume this dialog here: [LINK]...thanks!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-13-2024 at 09:48 AM.

LOL
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Michael, is this the same behavior as we see with UAD plugins? Interface freeze after the session being open for a while? In the UAD case, I believe the plugins remain operational, but with a frozen interface until the session is reloaded.
    Becket, Massachusetts

I run quite a few IzoTope plug-ins in SAW without any issues; however, some time ago I did have a problem with the graphics for the plug-ins not appearing when they were loaded. I was advised by IzoTope that there might be an issue with, of all things, screen sharing applications. I was running Duet, removed it, and the plug-ins have behaved themselves ever since.

My issue is graphic freezes while the plugin is open and drawn. I haven’t noticed it as much recently on UAD plugins. Also, sometimes all the labels on the multitrack disappear until a restart of SAW. Seemingly random except working longer in the session seems to increase the likelihood of a graphics failure.

My issue is graphic freezes while the plugin is open and drawn. I haven’t noticed it as much recently on UAD plugins. Also, sometimes all the labels on the multitrack disappear until a restart of SAW. Seemingly random except working longer in the session seems to increase the likelihood of a graphics failure.
    Interesting. I think I've been seeing the UAD-freeze issue less often in the recent past, too. But never the MultiTrack labels problem.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Sorry I just had to chime in and say my DX plugins on my Retro Build still run as great as they did when they were new

I wish I had the money back on the amount of plugins and upgrading I have done over 20 years and here I am running all my old stuff and loving it.