Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: How to use VST3s in SAW Studio

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Metaplugin is what I have used for a while. I use the side chaining all the time. My biggest gripe is that you can***8217;t see what is on each track in ann older session without opening every Metaplugin shelll. It gets a little tedious.
    Indeed

I was wondering if using differently .ini files might allow some custom naming...or maybe that would cause nuthin but havoc...I didn't try

there are certainly some modifications to SAW which would massively help:
    -ability custom name FX
    -ability to either have more than one color for automation events- or ability to have custom colored Control Track events

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Indeed

I was wondering if using differently .ini files might allow some custom naming...or maybe that would cause nuthin but havoc...I didn't try
    I just tried creating .ini copies and giving different names, for example:
    Metaplugin.ini
    Metaplugin02.ini
    Metaplugin03.ini

which does work and could maybe be a workaround going forward
    ...wellll, or backward :-)

Nice. Yeah, Metaplugin can be pretty powerful/handy/fun/most excellent, Garth. And the price is right.

Glad it's working for ya.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Metaplugin is what I have used for a while. I use the side chaining all the time. My biggest gripe is that you can*t see what is on each track in an older session without opening every Metaplugin shell. It gets a little tedious.
    If you have enough monitor real estate, would this help?

Open all the Metaplugin instances in the EDL and place them in order in a dedicated space on your screen(s). Save. Never close them. Maybe save an F-key view for this. Just a thought.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    If you have enough monitor real estate, would this help?

Open all the Metaplugin instances in the EDL and place them in order in a dedicated space on your screen(s). Save. Never close them. Maybe save an F-key view for this. Just a thought.
    Well, speaking for myself...not really
    The big problem is the Metaplugin wrapperUI windows and the VSTs windows within it are not physically tied to each other...so you have to move each window.

The good thing is the MetaPlugin windows can be closed and the VSTs within will still display...it is fiddly, but functionality is waaaaaaaay more preferable to hanged UIs.

aaaand I don't don't have enough monitor real estate with 2 monitors:
    main 2K at 2880 x 1620
    and secondary at 1920 x 1200

I'd try higher rez, but I can barely cope visually with the resolutions I currently run

getting the F-Key views nailed down is paramount!

Yeah, I see the Metaplugin interface will stay open through the close/open EDL process, but not the plugin interfaces instantiated therein. But, then, do we typically want a plugin's interface to be open when we first open an EDL? Sometimes, I guess. But not often for me.

The real-estate struggle is real, though. In many audio editing/mixing scenarios you really want to minimize monitor surface area in the room.
    Becket, Massachusetts