Close

Blog Entries

Default SOT: How refreshng...!

Good day,

Not necessarily a "blast from the past..." ...regardless...encouraging and warranted nonetheless...[Click Me]

Well said...ditto...copacetic...hunky-dory...felicitous...delightful..."All right!"...

Thanks, Jon!!

PS: I am sure that all of us here on the Forum do sincerely hope that all is well a home!

2. Default Re: SOT: How refreshng...!

Hello Dell, Bob, et all...

The wife and I are still making it through and in this life that is all that matters!
    I have since upgraded to 64bit SAWStudio and still playing and writing personally, but the band is no more.

The other guitar player in my band died on Thanksgiving Day a few months after my "Thank You, Bob" post while we were in process tracking our collection of originals.
    We had Drums and Bass done and were working through the guitars when Mr. Murphy decided to run amok yet again.
    Thankfully he had a good portion done, but there were some tracks he did not get to so using his scratches and myself trying to emulate his playing using his guitars, fx and amps we wrapped up a reasonable amount of songs on our list.
    Anyone who has tried to parrot another player with a totally different style knows how burdensome this can be, there are a few songs I just could not accomplish due to style, others just simply because of tears.

The collection is called "All You Got" and was done entirely in SAWStudio, starting in 32-bit 3.9n before my post, then 5.8a, then finally imported into SAWStudio 64-bit to finish as I upgraded along the way.
    If not for the reliability I expressed in my "Thank You, Bob" post using SAWStudio, there is a high chance none of our material would have been captured and now Paulie's family (as well as all of us) can have a musical remembrance of him.

https://www.reverbnation.com/thedamnedestthing
    *No critique wanted... enjoy the ride and play as much as you can because you never know when the lights will go down on the stage we call life.
    Jon Ketcham
    Sound Suite
    Holly Springs, NC, USA

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOT: How refreshng...!

Jon,
    Thank you so very much for the follow-up and the update! Appreciated!

And I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your guitarist...and I do believe that I know what you referring to!

Thanks for the link, and for the music!!