Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto rewind

Default Re: Auto rewind

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoff View Post
    Yes, but I want to change it when the button is engaged.
    The Locate buttons will respond to Shift/Left-click while playback is engaged.
    They don't auto-rewind the cursor when playback is stopped, however.

I've just always reserved those first four L buttons that way, I guess.
    They do auto-restart from the set position with a single click during playback, once set.
    That's sort of like auto-rewind for me.
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 01-22-2024 at 10:31 AM.

Yes, but I want to change it when the button is engaged.
    This is where your and Bob's visions go their separate ways, I guess. Is it killing you to do a "pre-click"?
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 01-23-2024 at 07:25 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    This is where your and Bob's vision go their separate ways, I guess. Is it killing you to do a "pre-click"?

Not at all, if it works but less easy to do it on the fly...And it's not a great problem

I wish there was a keyboard shortcut for it…
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Blog Entries

richswit,

There IS a means of doing so!

However...and this is an important however, SAW employs quite a number of existing shortcuts...thus finding a shortcut that is NOT already employed can be an interesting endeavour!!

I wish there was a keyboard shortcut for it***8230;
    A click on the mouse wheele when the button is engaged...

A click on the mouse wheele when the button is engaged...
    There ya go. There's got to be a keystroke manager for this kind of thing, yeah? I'm not savvy to such things.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

You stated, "There's got to be a keystroke manager for this kind of thing, yeah?..." ... Dave, I am not too sure that this IS at all possible. Here is why I believe this to be so...

1) I wrote an article back in 2019 entitled, "F-Keys Views and Keyboard Gymnastics"...that might be worth a perusal.

2) If I had to "assume" Bob is what I would refer to as a "power user" - on steroids...if I may say so as well...then:
    * Programmers generally do not type the way in which a typist would.
    * Thus, I refer to this "skill" as "keyboard gymnastics".
    * This simply would infer that Bob employs the keyboard and the mouse a great deal!!
    * Such would also infer the use of any-and-all keyboard shortcuts that are currently available.

3) Please note the following: "Use Of The Alt key"
    "The Alt key is used for many editing operations and as a modifier key to force popup properties menus in certain areas of the interface. As a result, its default behavior for accessing the main menu bar has been altered from standard Windows behavior. You must press and release the Alt key to access the main program menu bar via the keyboard, then press the associated keys to access the individual menu options. While the Alt key is held down, SAWStudio will be waiting and considering its use as a special modifier key for varied editing operations and interface control." [Emphasis mine]
    * Notice: "The default behavior of the use of the Alt key for accessing the main menu bar has been altered from standard Windows behavior". This point is very significant!!
    This point also begs the question, "What else has Bob altered?"

4) Thus far, from what I have been able to ascertain, Bob employs the use of 150 keys for SAWStudio - including the various "modifiers"...Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and so on!
    * Each of these 150 keys has four "elements", 1) Key, 2) Operation, 3) Window, and 4) Mode..I will not delve further into this subject at this time.

The point to all of this is...is that there simply may NOT be any more available shortcut keys to deploy!!
    * Thus, anyone wishing to peruse this matter further, should consider discussing this matter with Bob first to ensure that what you have in mind will is indeed "feasible"!

As always, I hope that the above information will be of some practicable use?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    There ya go. There's got to be a keystroke manager for this kind of thing, yeah? I'm not savvy to such things.
    I do use Jitbit Macro Recorder for one thing....I set up a shortcut triggered by Control-P....Copy Track (or marked area) to Layer 8. I use layers (takes) 1-7 for comping vocals. Very quick, not having to go mousing up and through menus to get to "copy marked area to layer 8"
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Blog Entries

Good day,

From my "investigations", the do believe that the following keys are not employed by Bob:

PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Pause
    GHIJP
    ~!@#$%^&*()_+
    {}|
    []\
    Caps Lock, :";'
    LShift, ?,./, RShift
    LCtrl, LWIN, Spacebar, RWIN, Menu, RCtrl
    * Note [From the SAW User Manual]: The Greater Than/Less Than (< >) symbols are used as a visual reference. Do not use the Shift key modifier with these keys.

Regardless, you may wish to consult with Bob before deploying any of your own shortcut accesses.

I hope this information will be of some practicable use?