Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auto rewind

Default Re: Auto rewind

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

You stated, "There's got to be a keystroke manager for this kind of thing, yeah?..." ... Dave, I am not too sure that this IS at all possible. Here is why I believe this to be so...

1) I wrote an article back in 2019 entitled, "F-Keys Views and Keyboard Gymnastics"...that might be worth a perusal.

2) If I had to "assume" Bob is what I would refer to as a "power user" - on steroids...if I may say so as well...then:
    * Programmers generally do not type the way in which a typist would.
    * Thus, I refer to this "skill" as "keyboard gymnastics".
    * This simply would infer that Bob employs the keyboard and the mouse a great deal!!
    * Such would also infer the use of any-and-all keyboard shortcuts that are currently available.

3) Please note the following: "Use Of The Alt key"
    "The Alt key is used for many editing operations and as a modifier key to force popup properties menus in certain areas of the interface. As a result, its default behavior for accessing the main menu bar has been altered from standard Windows behavior. You must press and release the Alt key to access the main program menu bar via the keyboard, then press the associated keys to access the individual menu options. While the Alt key is held down, SAWStudio will be waiting and considering its use as a special modifier key for varied editing operations and interface control." [Emphasis mine]
    * Notice: "The default behavior of the use of the Alt key for accessing the main menu bar has been altered from standard Windows behavior". This point is very significant!!
    This point also begs the question, "What else has Bob altered?"

4) Thus far, from what I have been able to ascertain, Bob employs the use of 150 keys for SAWStudio - including the various "modifiers"...Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and so on!
    * Each of these 150 keys has four "elements", 1) Key, 2) Operation, 3) Window, and 4) Mode..I will not delve further into this subject at this time.

The point to all of this is...is that there simply may NOT be any more available shortcut keys to deploy!!
    * Thus, anyone wishing to peruse this matter further, should consider discussing this matter with Bob first to ensure that what you have in mind will is indeed "feasible"!

As always, I hope that the above information will be of some practicable use?
    Or... just try some key combos and see if they cause trouble. How about ctrl-W and shift-W? Or H and shift-H? Or...

BTW, you're invoking one of my pet peeves: using the word infer when what you mean is imply. To infer is to deduce. You know, make an inference.

I have spoken.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335
    Regardless, you may wish to consult with Bob before deploying any of your own shortcut accesses.
    Or check the last page of the help file to be sure you're in the clear and go for it.

ALTHOUGH it appears that that list may not be complete. I see that G is missing as a way to toggle Grid Mode.

So, check that page, cross your fingers, and then go for it.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Good day,

For those that may be interested...: [Link]