Close

Blog Entries

Default Live Performance

Good day,

Sometime ago, I wrote an article entitled, "A New Way to Perform Live" - in which I shared with the reader how I employ various equipment in which to host a live performance - in particular, from an entirely "solo guitaristic" perspective.

I have recently updated that text and have created an "html" version of that text.

I have been receiving a number of inquiries regarding my "live rig setup" and thought it apropos to provide that text in an "html" format accordingly. [Link]
    * PS: I must warn you that the content is a rather lengthy one!!

At the conclusion of the cover page, in the section entitled, "And finally...on a very personal note...", I made note of the following:

"I sincerely believe that if there is one single 'take-away' that those that peruse this text really-and-truly need to understand at the outset, is that regardless of the 'pros and the cons' of the other offerings[1], that, at the end of the day, all that you are left with is...those offerings. I do hope that this makes sense?

Not so with Bob's software! With Bob's software, at the end of the day, I have a 'full-blown' digital mixing console available - with that console being able to be employed in whatever environment such an application could be employed in. Not only that, I also have available to me a complete and fully-functioning Digital Audio Workstation that, as with the digital mixing console, can be employed in whatever environment such an application could be employed in.

The point here is - is that at the end of the day, I still have a digital mixing console and a DAW! Not so with the other offerings!! Again, I do hope that this all makes sense?

The single-and-most-important take-way here then, is that I really do not have to learn a completely new environment - but rather, I am learning how to apply my existing software in new and exciting ways!
    "

[1]Within the text, I refer to twelve live host applications that I have tested over the years - the most popular being "Camelot Pro". Though this application is indeed "interesting" - the employment of that application simply, as noted, did not meet with the criteria in which I had set for my self in the overall design of this "environment".

As always, I hope that the above information will be of some practicable use to others?

PS: Comments/suggestions are always appreciated!

Last edited by mr_es335; 03-04-2024 at 07:52 AM.