Close

Default Is there a way to split a region on attack only?

Does anyone know if there is a way to cut a region on attacks similar to split mark in Levelizer - but without the cut after the gate falls below the threshold. This seems like something that could be done (other than duplicating a track, splitmarking then track-select both and tab-tab-k(ing) all the way through).

Default Re: Is there a way to split a region on attack only?

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to cut a region on attacks similar to split mark in Levelizer - but without the cut after the gate falls below the threshold. This seems like something that could be done (other than duplicating a track, splitmarking then track-select both and tab-tab-k(ing) all the way through).
    All I can think of is setting the release to max. It could give useful results depending on how long the gaps are in your source audio.

You could also use a macro program to automate a process like the one you outline. Depending on the volume of work required, it could be useful. I've had success doing that in the past, but IME some patience was required finding a good-fit macro program and then tweaking the script. Maybe things have gotten better in the intervening decade?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    You could also use a macro program to automate a process like the one you outline. Depending on the volume of work required, it could be useful.
    Macro. Hmm maybe I could do a for loop in powershell to send the keystroke series maybe a hundred (or whatever) at a time and call it a few times until through the tune. I just did some searching. Looks like a kludge could be done in just a few lines of instructions. I may have some time to try over the weekend...

I made a trivial script (It took me a while to find the setting that allowed me to run the 'unsigned script'), and it worked. This could be used for other repetitive tasks.

Save edl with a new filename - you are going to do this because each 'k' generates an undo (you could suspend this) - so this will wipe out the history.

• duplicate a track,
    • splitmark the original track with levelizer
    • track-select both
    • position cursor before 1st region on the original track

Suggestions:
    • I'm sending {TAB}{TAB}k You'll have to search for the SendWait syntax of the keystrokes you want to use. I didn't find proper documentation for which keys need special treatment.
    • In the for loop, set the number of iterations (10) low to practice.
    • Look in task manager if you are using 64 and change AppActivate accordingly.

In powershell, I called this little script:
    #SendSawStudioKeys.ps1 #####################

add-type -AssemblyName microsoft.VisualBasic
    add-type -AssemblyName System.Windows.Forms
    [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::AppActivate("SAWStudio")

for (($i = 1); $i -le 10; ($i++)) {
    [System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait("{TAB}{TAB}k")
    }

There is an 'Auto EDL Undo' toggle in the options menu.

Then you might want to add this line before your loop:

[System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::SendWait("{MULTIPLY}")

See: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/do...owsdesktop-8.0
    Last edited by jmh; 03-16-2024 at 10:07 PM.

Woah. Or is it yikes?

Above my pay grade, I'm afraid. But it sure sounds good to my lay ears.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Above my pay grade,
    It was your suggestion. Just act like a boss and give yourself a pay raise.

...you could give me a title and the promise of a possible raise after I graduate from kindergarten.

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    It was your suggestion. Just act like a boss and give yourself a pay raise.

...you could give me a title and the promise of a possible raise after I graduate from kindergarten.
    Are you intimatin' that you're not being paid big bucks for knowing how to code scripts? So what's my incentive to learn it?

I was referring to my own limited world of simpleton macro creation, which has involved simply mousing and keyboarding after hitting a big red button and, occasionally, very little script editing "in post." I suppose it's possible that I'm bright enough to learn some actual scripting syntax, but don't bet the farm on it. That said, you have tickled my curiosity bone.

So much to do, so little time...
    Becket, Massachusetts