Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GOTCHA!- Disable [Ctrl-Left-Clicking] on any track number arranges all tracks

from the manual:

"MultiTrack WaveForm Display Area
    Track Positioning
    [Ctrl-Left-Clicking] on any track number automatically arranges all tracks in numerical order."

Has bitten me in the backside again today...arrraugh!
    We need to be able to either undo or disable this command
    I would happily disable it; I would never use it

so much of moving things vertically in SAW is using the ctrl key;
    and this gotcha can sting if your track order is not at all sequential

afaiaa there is no undo for this and is gonna cost me a few minutes to get my job back in editable order
    I have my returns and buses at the top; video and control track too
    Mix template gets me part way there
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Default Re: GOTCHA!- Disable [Ctrl-Left-Clicking] on any track number arranges all tracks

OK. I had not saved the edl after accidentally hitting the GOTCHA key combo

closed and reopened the edl and all is back as I need it to be...phew

btw I save safety copies very often as I work...so there is that possibility in the event others step in the same trap

Default Re: GOTCHA!- Disable [Ctrl-Left-Clicking] on any track number arranges all tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    OK. I had not saved the edl after accidentally hitting the GOTCHA key combo

closed and reopened the edl and all is back as I need it to be...phew

btw I save safety copies very often as I work...so there is that possibility in the event others step in the same trap
    hi, have you try the undo key : shift <

Resetting Track Order creates and undo entry... simply use the Edit/Undo function if you reset the track order by accident.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Resetting Track Order creates and undo entry... simply use the Edit/Undo function if you reset the track order by accident.

Bob L
    hmmm, I did look and did try undo
    I did not see an entry nor did the undo function when I tried it

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoff View Post
    hi, have you try the undo key : shift <
    on my machine undo key command is:
    ctrl+<

I did try it...did not work
    also opened Edit menu > Display EDL Undo History
    in the undo list dialog box there was no entry for "arrange track order to default"
    I don't know what the actual syntax is because it wasn't listed

I just tried opening a session, rearranging track order, saving session and then using ctrl + < and it worked.
    Also the undo history shows an entry for "before re-order tracks".
    was also able to ctrl + > to restore the rearranged tracks.

Not sure why yours isn't working at the moment.

When in doubt that an undo has been created, there's always the numberpad * keystroke to force an undo, assuming your keyboard has a numpad, or equivalent that SAW responds to for that purpose.
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 03-21-2024 at 08:28 AM.

Oups, mistake in my reply , ctrl + > is correct

ctrl+<

in the undo list dialog box there was no entry for "arrange track order to default"
    I bet your one time of trying it (the undo) you goofed, somehow. I bet if you try it right now, it will work fine. Cuz that's how it works.

It was an issue when the restore-tracks-to-default-order feature was first implemented. Many user mishaps such as the one you experienced soon had Bob remedying this all-too-common user error by adding the undo layer.

It still catches me to this day.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

ctrl+<

Auto-edl-undo must be toggled in the options menu for the undo to be generated.

then ctrl< should work.