Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Acon Digital VSTs Issues In SAWStudio64

I have been struggling with Acon Restoration Suite 2 and Extract: Dialogue in SawStudio64 for years.
    So, just a heads-up workaround if any of y'all are experiencing similar.

My main problems are context menus will animate open, but the selection of target has no effect;
    or the display in the Acon plugin does not function. Sometimes this leads to crashes.

So, today I was pulling my hair out trying to save a Noise Profile in DeNoiser 2.
    The DeNoiser 2 context menus would animate open but I couldn't select a target action
    (ie save a custom user preset or noise print or check the "about" graphic).
    Typically a reboot of SAW will set things aright, but not today; reboot of my computer wouldn't yield joy either.

I was about to ask Acon about it in a support ticket; but just before that, I thought to investigate if the DeNoiser 2 plug
    would function as normal in another DAW. I tried it in Reason 12 and DeNoiser 2 worked as expected.

Went back into SAW to continue working thinking to sort out my NR later using another method
    and low and behold my noise print was now displayed in DeNoiser 2 UI! Hoorah!
    and context menus now functional as well.

So is it possible opening in another DAW cleared whatever was hanging in SAW?
    Whatever's happening, at least I stumbled upon a workaround that keeps me mixing. Hopefully this helps somebody.

BTW:
    Win10 22H2
    Acon Restoration Suite 2 v2.1.2.0
    S.A.W. Studio64 1.4
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Default Re: Acon Digital VSTs Issues In SAWStudio64

hmmmm...yeah, have to reboot SAW as well to reset the VST after using another DAW
    I have informed Stian at Acon via X (twitter) DM....we'll see if he doesn't respond for a while I'll try another way to comm with him :-)

Blog Entries

Todd,

You stated, "...yeah, have to reboot SAW as well to reset the VST after using another DAW..." ...This situation is not at all common when employing plug-ins across various softwares.

Please keep in mind that Acon Digital employs JUCE in all of their softwares now!
    * Though "problems" are less obvious in SAW...these problems still exist nonetheless!

So, it dawned on me that Reason will run as a VST in another DAW

and in Reason will allow full automation of a great deal of parameters including VSTs
    so it could essentially work as a wrapper

I've never considered doing this aside from years ago when I wanted to Rewire Rebirth in SAW;
    which I did ask Bob about 20 years ago, but that didn't transpire due to Propellerheads not responding to Bob's request...
    nevermind

Further, I just thought using Reason as VST didn't make a lot of sense to me...until now

So, I will give it a try to see if it works. I'm guessing I'm the only one using Reason on these SAW boards.
    If there are others here who have tried this scenario I'd love to discuss your findings.

ugh, looks like I'm wrong again
    using the Reason RACK only in SS64 won't help me. I need the Reason SEQUENCER to automate

looks like I will have to offline all my NR in another DAW > export and then back into SAW to mix
    losing plenty of control along the way
    if I want to keep using SAW

OK
    back to report that maybe my usage of the SS64 RETURN is not being best used by me

These Acon Plugs DO NOT want to be on an input track

so, instead, I have found that automating the the "FX" button off and on is working
    as opposed to automating the bypass of the SAW wrapper which is how I typically automate my RETURN FX

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    OK
    back to report that maybe my usage of the SS64 RETURN is not being best used by me

These Acon Plugs DO NOT want to be on an input track

so, instead, I have found that automating the the "FX" button off and on is working
    as opposed to automating the bypass of the SAW wrapper which is how I typically automate my RETURN FX
    Yeah, no...I was wrong about that...no worries...doesn't work that way
    What I have been doing is what I need to do :-)

So, I'm using the Control Track to keep track of labelling the on/off states of the plugs...and which one is which

hmmmm...yeah, have to reboot SAW as well to reset the VST after using another DAW
    I have informed Stian at Acon via X (twitter) DM....we'll see if he doesn't respond for a while I'll try another way to comm with him :-)
    Stian responded to me via twitter/ X
    he confirmed he has stopped using twitter/ X for comms and asked me to contact him via email which I have done and await his reply :-)

Wellll,
    thanks Dave!
    Metaplugin seems to solve my issue with Acon Restoration Suite 2 plugins hanging...so far

now, if I could get parameter automation of the plugs, that would be an even bigger bonus

Wellll,
    thanks Dave!
    Metaplugin seems to solve my issue with Acon Restoration Suite 2 plugins hanging...so far

now, if I could get parameter automation of the plugs, that would be an even bigger bonus
    Happy to help. Parameter automation may be a tougher issue to tackle.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts