Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Acon Digital VSTs Issues In SAWStudio64

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    oh my...same problem with MetaPlugin
    acon plugs just stop working
    Have you tried Waves' Studiorack VST? It's free and is alleged to support VST3 plugins these days. I tried to test it for you, but I can't get my version 12 Studiorack to update to version 14, which has the VST3 functionality. PITA, this Waves installation/licensing BS. For me, anyway.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Have you tried Waves' Studiorack VST? It's free and is alleged to support VST3 plugins these days. I tried to test it for you, but I can't get my version 12 Studiorack to update to version 14, which has the VST3 functionality. PITA, this Waves installation/licensing BS. For me, anyway.
    VST3 support in Waves Studiorack (must be ver14 I'm on?) is working good for me in SAW.
    I am also not a fan of their install/licensing BS at all. I only recently went through it in order to use the studiorack/vst3s... Don't like how long it takes to load my current SAW sessions at all. I do like the flexibility potential of the studiorack and the small footprint, though. That's why I'm putting up with the bs part (for now), since the other two alternatives I briefly demo'd are relative real-estate hogs (Patckworks and Meta).

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    VST3 support in Waves Studiorack (must be ver14 I'm on?) is working good for me in SAW.
    I am also not a fan of their install/licensing BS at all. I only recently went through it in order to use the studiorack/vst3s... Don't like how long it takes to load my current SAW sessions at all. I do like the flexibility potential of the studiorack and the small footprint, though. That's why I'm putting up with the bs part (for now), since the other two alternatives I briefly demo'd are relative real-estate hogs (Patckworks and Meta).
    Good to know. I just wish my Waves BS resulted in a working Studiorack like yours did.

I have a message in to support. We'll see what they say. If they respond. Fingers crossed.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks for all the help, Dave, much appreciated

I haven't tried Studiorack...
    I'm no fan of the Waves fiascos, either

And you've gotten me to realize that I also haven't tried running Acon in Reason Rack VST within MetaPlugin in SAW...but MAN! that seems like such a mess

Here's what I know will work
    1-comp in SAW;
    2-run Acon in Reason on the comps (I know full automation of Acon works in Reason)
    3-put the comps back in my SAW job

NO WAY IN HECK do I want to mix this film in Reason!!! No thanks!

I would rather do this forensic clean-up in Spectral Layers, but I do not have any more time...I have to stop experimenting and deliver a result

I will deal with some crew chatter with Spectral Layers, tho

For what it's worth...

After a couple back-and-forths with Waves support (kudos to them for quickly responding to me, a freebies-only "customer"), I've come to realize/remember the way we have to make Waves plugins work in SAW. It's that whole Waveshell thing. I kept seeing the Studiorack VST DLL's that I'd created last time I did the Waveshell dance (for version 12). Those weren't going away with the update to ver. 14, obviously, because they weren't made my Waves; they were made by me. Duh.

Good luck doing your dance over there.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 05-07-2024 at 10:48 AM.
    Becket, Massachusetts

For what it's worth...

After a couple back-and-forth with Waves support (kudos to them for quickly responding to me, a freebies-only "customer"), I've come to realize/remember the way we have to make Waves plugins work in SAW. It's that whole Waveshell thing. I kept seeing the Studiorack VST DLL's that I'd created last time I did the Waveshell dance (for version 12). Those weren't going away with the update to ver. 14, obviously, because they weren't made my Waves; they were made by me. Duh.

No doubt, the reason it's worked for me so far must be because I've never had waves plugs until now and never done the whole waveshell dance before.

Thanks, I need it
    I have a way to run NR on all the stems I want at once, but the back and forth is entirely frustrating...1 step forward, 2 steps back