Close

Default About the native ECHO plugin!

Hello Folks!

What does "cross" mode do with the native Echo plugin?
    Very interesting finesse, the whole plugin is a wonderful VST.
    I'm using the Echo a lot more since I found a list of "Converted tempo to time" with Milliseconds per note value.
    Using the tempo/delay list, I have now also synced delay, very handy.
    So what happens in "cross" mode, anyone know?

Default Re: About the native ECHO plugin!

Quote Originally Posted by Göran Nordberg View Post
    Hello Folks!

What does "cross" mode do with the native Echo plugin?
    Very interesting finesse, the whole plugin is a wonderful VST.
    I'm using the Echo a lot more since I found a list of "Converted tempo to time" with Milliseconds per note value.
    Using the tempo/delay list, I have now also synced delay, very handy.
    So what happens in "cross" mode, anyone know?
    It put the echo on the other side. If track is pan on left, echo will be on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoff View Post
    It put the echo on the other side. If track is pan on left, echo will be on the right.
    Interesting, I using the echo as AUX sends on five AUX channels, with different settings.
    But I still wonder what happens with the signal in cross-mode, it sure do something to the signal and it sounds very nice.
    Any technical information about that?
    Cross-mode activated on the echo, compared to the normal setting, any information about what happens with the signal?

Well....I found out all about ECHO , it was there in the help file of course. Don't remember it being there. Anyway, I found more very interesting things about the little beauty ECHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Göran Nordberg View Post
    Well....I found out all about ECHO , it was there in the help file of course. Don't remember it being there. Anyway, I found more very interesting things about the little beauty ECHO.
    Sounds like you may have found it. But, if not, this is from SAW's help file:

Normal delay mode keeps the left and right echoes in place on their respective channels.

Cross delay mode crosses the left channel echo over to the right channel and the right channel echo over to the left channel. With a high percentage of feedback, you can create a ping-ponging effect of echoes bouncing back and forth between channels. With 0% feedback and a delay time of 20 to 40 ms, you can create the effect known as Cross Delay Stereo, which can give the illusion of a wider overall stereo image from a mono signal source.

>> Creating a Cross Delay Stereo effect requires that the plug-in be patched in Post Fader. The source track must be panned to one side or the other, and the Delay Time should be set between 20-40 ms. Set the Strength for that channel to the maximum setting and select Cross delay mode. This should result in the mono signal being spread across the left/right stereo image. The width of the spread can be controlled by the delay setting.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Whoaaa....and this is definitely something I must try, never heard of any plugin that can do this.

from help file:

"A special link to the MultiTrack and SoundFile View provides a unique and powerful feature to assist
    in setting precise delay times.

[Double-clicking] an MT Entry from the current track into the SoundFile View, or referencing
    the MultiTrack Entry directly, provides the opportunity for a visual display of the current Delay
    Time setting referenced against the audio waveform. When adjusting the Delay Time setting, a
    vertical cursor will appear on top of the waveform indicating the exact Delay Time distance
    from the SoundFile View or MultiTrack View cursor.

Use this feature to set echo repeats precisely in rhythm with a piece of music by
    placing the SoundFile View or MultiTrack View cursor on a downbeat or upbeat, and
    adjusting the delay time to align the vertical cursor to the next beat, or halfway to the
    next beat."

This is amazing, sounds to me that this is something from the future, maybe year 2065.

I'm guessing this feature was percolating in Bob's mind a hundred years before that.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts