Close

Default About the TCP-Master/Slave!

Hello Folks!

First time use of the TCP-finesse Master/Slave.
    This is...I mean this is sooo aaaamaaaziiing, this opens up to a whole new world, straight to the 4th dimension.
    I have now one CPU heavy VSTi synth on the slave machine and everything is running fine.
    Incredibly ingenious finesse, very useful.
    Just wanted to share this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: About the TCP-Master/Slave!

Goran,

If you really want to take such to a new level, have a look-see at Vienna Ensemble PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Goran,

If you really want to take such to a new level, have a look-see at Vienna Ensemble PRO
    Very impressive that Vienna DAW, but I go with SAW and my slavePC.
    Not in the mood to learn another DAW. Reinstalled Win10 last week, I had Cakewalk by Bandlab, and also MOTU DP11 but now I only have SAW and feel comfortable with that in some way. Maybe I should buy SAC I think, but that's also something I have to think about. For now, I go with what I have. Anyway very impressive that Vienna DAW.
    Last edited by Göran Nordberg; 04-23-2024 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Göran Nordberg View Post
    Very impressive that Vienna DAW, but I go with SAW and my slavePC.
    Not in the mood to learn another DAW. Reinstalled Win10 last week, I had Cakewalk by Bandlab, and also MOTU DP11 but now I only have SAW and feel comfortable with that in some way. Maybe I should buy SAC I think, but that's also something I have to think about. For now, I go with what I have. Anyway very impressive that Vienna DAW.
    Vienna is not a DAW its a distributed VST host server that lets you run Plug-ins across single or multiple additional slave computers (including mixed Mac/PC systems).
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Vienna is not a DAW its a distributed VST host server that lets you run Plug-ins across single or multiple additional slave computers (including mixed Mac/PC systems).
    Thanks for the info, smart idea, now I understand.
    Anyone here in the SAW family using it?

Blog Entries

Goran,

I have, but I have no need for it any longer.

This being said, if there is a need to "off-load" sample libraries, then VE Pro "is the way to go"!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Goran,

I have, but I have no need for it any longer.

This being said, if there is a need to "off-load" sample libraries, then VE Pro "is the way to go"!!
    Yes very smart ,Well...I have no sample libraries and I just decided to buy SAC.
    SAC-SAW-and my slavePC, I think it will be a good combination.

Blog Entries

Goran,

Then there are the "links"!!

As they say, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

According to the User Manual's it states, "SAWStudio includes internal links directly to SAC. The SAC Link option is activated from within SAWStudio and once a connection link between SAWStudio and SAC has been established, you can now pass data in both directions for recording and playback with SAWStudio using internal shared memory buffers that completely bypass the Windows soundcard drivers. SAWStudio will automatically disconnect from the drivers and use the internal shared buffers to communicate with the outside world through the SAC engine. Soundfile View recording will be disabled when the SAC Link is active, but Soundfile View playback is possible."

PS: Just think...the above...and indeed, so much more, came from the brain of one single individual...Bob Lentini! "Sufferin' genius!"

I am very excited to use both SAC and SAW. I bought SAC and haven't downloaded it yet.
    Right now I'm fiddling with my slave computer and changing the hard drive.