Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default OT - Garritan group buy

Saw this on a DAW mailing list.. the price seems good so I thought I'd mention it here.

-------------------------------------------

There is a group buy for Garritan Personal Orchestras. The price has
    reached its lowest threshold which is $139.

GPO is a complete orchestral sample collection that works as an Audio
    Units plug in in Logic, Digital Performer abd other seuencers.

There is more information, including hundreds of user demos on the GPO
    site: http://www.garritan.com

The URL for the GPO Group Buy is
    https://www.amerifare.com/harps/GPO-GroupBuyForm.htm

----------------------------

I have no affiliation whatsoever with the company BTW and this isn't an endorsement.

Rail
    Platinum Samples
    www.platinumsamples.com
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Default Re: OT - Garritan group buy

Yes, the group buy is doing very well and has already reached its lowest price. I was a very early supporter of GPO, earning the title GPOzilla last year, as the first user to post a demo with GPO.

I wish Gary the best with this, and anyone looking for a cheap all-in-one orchestral package will do well with GPO.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Sample Library Producer | Project Consultant

"There's simply too many notes..."

Is this right? It comes with Kontakt? A $500 program?

>> Personal Orchestra includes a comprehensive orchestral sample library, Native Instruments' KONTAKT™ sample player, GenieSoft's Overture™ LE Notation Program, Cubasis VST™ Sequencer (for PC), GPO Studio and AMBIENCE Reverb.<<
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Dave

I believe it's a version which only works with this sample library -- I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Rail
    Platinum Samples
    www.platinumsamples.com
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rail's right Dave. It is a Kontakt Player - like all the EW libs use Kompakt. It helps GPO work like any other VST, but if you have the full Kontakt, you can load GPO into that for further personal tweaking, etc.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Sample Library Producer | Project Consultant

"There's simply too many notes..."

Thanks, Gents. Just a tad misleading the way they list it, I think.

Do you know if these samples could be easily converted to Giga format?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

No, the samples in these types of instruments are in a proprietary, usually single file format, and can't be converted.

I'm considering getting in on this group buy but I have a couple of reservations.

It uses the PACE system for copy protection. I have not used any software with PACE before and a lot of people have had a lot of bad things to say about it. Is this likely to cause me problems?

On the GPO forum somebody said that there were some issues when using the full Kontakt. I am also considering buying this (assuming PACE isn't an issue) and so would like the combination to play nicely.

Would anyone care to enlighten me and/or push me off the fence... one way or the other?

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ambler
    I'm considering getting in on this group buy but I have a couple of reservations.

It uses the PACE system for copy protection. I have not used any software with PACE before and a lot of people have had a lot of bad things to say about it. Is this likely to cause me problems?

On the GPO forum somebody said that there were some issues when using the full Kontakt. I am also considering buying this (assuming PACE isn't an issue) and so would like the combination to play nicely.

Would anyone care to enlighten me and/or push me off the fence... one way or the other?

Thanks
    Mark
    I can't say over every single case but I can tell you that PACE has caused problems with WAVES plugs for some users. Personally I am walking in the opposite direction to anything that uses a dongle. But that's just me

I agree... if we all stood up and did that... dongles would quickly become a thing of the past.

Stand up for your rights.

Dongles do nothing to stop piracy... if anything they cause honest people to find a pirated version just so they don't have to run the dongle... dumb in my opinion... start demanding that these companies treat you, the honest user who paid his money with enough respect to not accuse you of pirating by forcing the dongle and copy schemes on you.

I'm sure every one of you who have purchased a copy of some program also has access to the broken and pirated versions... it remains your own personal choice whether you will steal or instead support the further development of the good programs... the dongles do not generally make that decision for you... and in the worst case... the dongles will actually stop many people from buying and using the program at all... this goes contrary to the original reason for designing the copy schemes in the first place... the copy protection actually looses sales... I would bet in more cases than the dongle saves sales.

Bob L