Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default time alighed/stamped WAV files

I sent some wav;s out for mixing by others well I extracted the tracks but forgot any time stamps or a timeline !!!! , is there a way to create time stamped wav files in SAW ?????

Any suggestions will do

Later
    Buzz

Default Re: time alighed/stamped WAV files

I think what you're looking for is for Rail's BWF helper, here's the info link
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

http://www.railjonrogut.com/ - check out the SS BWF Helper.
    -Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Itriago
    I think what you're looking for is for Rail's BWF helper, here's the info link
    You beat me to it - while I was typing!
    -Craig

If you are extracting wave files, you can also just create wav file buildmixes that all start at zero... no need for a time stamp... all files can be simply placed on any audio timeline in any software perfectly in sync.

Bob L

Thanks Bob I knew there was a way ( I clean up my mix's for reduced CPU usage etc. so the files were out of sync when exported as wav';s )

LAter
    Buzz

7. Default Re: time alighed/stamped WAV files

Greetings SAW Heads! It's my first post here. Wandered over from (the ever-so popular ) Gearslutz.

I was wondering about importing a 20-track Fairlight music project into SAW Studio using BWF Helper. I can convert the Fairlight files to Broadcast Wave files internally, then transfer them to the PC via Fairlight's Medialink software.

It looks from the screenshots on Rail Jon's website that it does Batch importing of the .wav files. Can you select 20 files and have them line up on tracks 1-20, or do you have to import them to each track separately?

Thanks kindly!

5 Sonic if the files all start at 0 time just goto View/Library 1, then in the popup goto file/open dir of audio files , this creates a list of files in that dir. select all the files then ( hilight them ) then hit Insert on the keyboard.

This will insert all of the files into the tracks on the MT

LAter
    Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by 5sonic
    I was wondering about importing a 20-track Fairlight music project into SAW Studio using BWF Helper. I can convert the Fairlight files to Broadcast Wave files internally, then transfer them to the PC via Fairlight's Medialink software.
    Hello there - I'm curious - are you coming out of Dream or Fairlight MFX3? I used the MFX2 & MFX3 a lot in the 1990s.

Once you get the stuff into SAW and start playing, post again if you need any translation from "Fairlightese" into "SAWiano". Me thinks you will like.

Andre

There is a command in the library view that can be used to import multiple wave files at once, either vertically (different tracks), or horizontially (all on the same track). I used to bring in files from Pro Tools this way, with Rail's program changing the time stamping to Saw's format. IIRC, its not quite as clean an import if you actually have multiple time stamped regions per track. In this instance, I remember importing all the time stamped regions to different tracks in their correct position in time, and then moving regions belonging to one track back to the correct horizontal position. Region naming becomes important in this instance.

Regards,

MM

Quote Originally Posted by 5sonic
    Greetings SAW Heads! It's my first post here. Wandered over from (the ever-so popular ) Gearslutz.

It looks from the screenshots on Rail Jon's website that it does Batch importing of the .wav files. Can you select 20 files and have them line up on tracks 1-20, or do you have to import them to each track separately?

Thanks kindly!
    Michael McInnis Productions