Close

Thread: return to auxes

Default return to auxes

"Using the above configuration one would have to set the headphone mixes (via AUX SENDS) and monitor mix (FADER / PAN) twice: first for the input record channels (49-72) and then to the input "Play" channels, when using S-R-P mode (overdubbing). Is this right?

Carlos"

"Yes... but the input channels are set once and stay that way as you re-use the mics moving down the line arming different tracks.

As you overdub new tracks, you simply open up the mix on the new track so playback after the recording is monitored... actually works pretty nicely.

Bob L"

from here follows the question: What the need of AUX SENDS for headphone mixes? if we can direct the signals for headphones straight from recording channels. assigning each channel to any of out device needed.
    why to complicate or lengthen route of signals through the virt console.

bring your comments that will anyway usefull to somebody.

thanks
    George Oran'sky

Default Re: return to auxes

Using Aux sends allows each output to have its own "mix", you can send any track by a certain amount to the track..

If you direct out, all the channels will have the same volume. You cannot make each person their own mix.

Using aux, you can have 6 (12 if you're creative) unique mixes going to 6-12 different people. This is what cue mixing is more or less.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Yes, it's right.

this setup is needed if we have to direct the mixes to more then one headphones, with condition, that those mixes must be have to be individual ballanced.
    So, if we have only one performer with headphones, we had no need of auxes.
    and if we have to direct the different tracks' mixes to different listeners
    we don't need auxes too.

thenks for revision.
    George Oran'sky

Quote Originally Posted by Yura
    Yes, it's right.

this setup is needed if we have to direct the mixes to more then one headphones, with condition, that those mixes must be have to be individual ballanced.
    So, if we have only one performer with headphones, we had no need of auxes.
    and if we have to direct the different tracks' mixes to different listeners
    we don't need auxes too.

thenks for revision.
    Hi Yura,

When recording, I always use at least two different mixes. I set up one mix exactly the way the performer wants (for instance, LOTS of REVERB, KICK BUTT Click Volume, no drums, whatever dream he wants via AUX CHANNEL.
    Then, I am a free man to do exactly the mix I want to hear in the control room, including soloing channels on the fly, muting channels and directing my attention to whatever I want, without disturbing the performance at all... It works very well for me this way.
    Last edited by Carlos Mills; 07-04-2004 at 08:10 AM.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.