Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tascam 2400?

Default Tascam 2400?

I was wondering if anyone is using this with SAW??

i know some of you are using the Mackie etc but i just happened to see this today. it looks really nice but wondered how it would match up with SAW??

just curious

thanks!

Default Re: Tascam 2400?

For what purpose... as a controller? Get the Mackie if you want a controller.

As a front end mixer... why? Use an inexpensive Behringer if you want mic pres and faders.

Just my opinion.

Bob L

Hey bob

as a controller only, to control SAW

I have been trying and trying with the mouse and ekyboard and it works well i just miss being able to physically grab 2-3 faders like i am used to. just personal preference

robert said this one isn't fullly supported in SAW?

hmmm, what is the difference between a controller and a front end mixer?? i mean i want to use it to mix my songs and control saw's faders, pans etc?

Bob

Does SAW work with the Mackie control extender added to the universal control?? so if i wanted to set up 24 tracks on the mackie does that match up well with SAW.

i am really interested in the faders, master fader, Pans etc?? and some automation??

thanks and this is just for curiosity sake

Quote Originally Posted by trock
    Bob

Does SAW work with the Mackie control extender added to the universal control?? so if i wanted to set up 24 tracks on the mackie does that match up well with SAW.

i am really interested in the faders, master fader, Pans etc?? and some automation??

thanks and this is just for curiosity sake
    No, it doesn't. Search the group. It has been discussed before. I think that if you want more than 8 faders you have to use the Yamaha Promix and/or 01v, but don;t think you'll get 24. Search to have a better answer
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

thanks pedro, i did and found it

Trock,

The Mackie Control gives you the 8 faders plus the master... that is all you can ever grab and if you set the Navigation Option to chase the hardware, SAWStudio will allow those 8 faders to control all 72 channels... 8 at a time..

You also have all the bank switching you could ever ask for to switch the hardware itself to any virtual channel... with only a few quick button presses.

The idea of spreading out hardware for 24 faders is old hat (in my opinion) and does not fit the SAW virtual design concept... the idea of using the small set of 8 to reach all 72 channels as well as every other control on the virtual console... eq, dyn... mute solo, as well as perform basic F-Key switches and editing functions... plus use the transport controls and scrub wheel for position or zoom... etc... is an incredible addition if you are a hands-on fader type of guy.

Bob L

Trock,

I got the Mackie based on threads I read here. Seems Bob put the most automation features into it vs other controllers ? - I like it ! BUT, I dont use it 1/2 as much as I thought I would ! - I'm liking virtual more and more. I DO use the Mackie for overdubs. I like the transport features... rewind, play, record etc. Having a master fader handy is nice too. I think roughing in automation will be alot easier with the long, physical faders too.....

Get the Mackie or stay virtual. Hang on to your money (or you could send your extra to me ?! )
    Mitch

Our Music

Hey, free money? I'm there too!!!
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.