Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing Over

Default Re: Crossing Over

Welcome aboard Kevin!

Perry

Welcome Kevin. It was the sound that got me hooked at first too. I'm also an ex-Sonar user.

Glad to have you aboard Kevin!! Happy SAWing!!
    Todd Vermeulen
    Base 1 Studio
    The XL's Band

Hey kevin

I also am an API and SAW user. i just got the greatest acoustic guitar sound in my life with the both of them, and an RNC. you will love SAW and all it can do, i probably use 10% of the basic and my recordings are better than anything i ever did with cubase and a roland 2480

good luck!

Thanks so much everyone!!

Kevin

6. Default Re: Crossing Over

Hi Kevin

I'm also considering SAW, but unlike you I'm completely new to recording. I read that you use HD24XR. How do like its converters?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Hi Kevin

I'm also considering SAW, but unlike you I'm completely new to recording. I read that you use HD24XR. How do like its converters?
    Hi Doc! I think the HD24 sounds great..I've read there were people comparing it to a Radar system..I've never used Radar, but its supposed to be killer! The only converters I can compare it to is a Delta1010..And the HD is definately the winner there..

the reason I use a HD24 is because I was growing tired of all the hassle's with tracking straight to a PC.. Constant problems in the middle of sessions..(drop-outs, etc) I just needed something that worked..EVERYTIME! Not to mention I could record 24 tracks at a time..Although I never do..heheh

I kinda miss tracking to the PC..The visual of waveforms for punch-ins rocks..

SAW is the closest software I've ever used that is so close to being hardware..It just responds that way..Very powerful..

I haven't tracked with SAW, but I think I may try it out.. But its the bomb for mixing..

Kevin

8. Default Re: Crossing Over

Thanks a lot for your post...

Quote Originally Posted by 11thour
    I think the HD24 sounds great..I've read there were people comparing it to a Radar system..I've never used Radar, but its supposed to be killer!
    Radar is a $10,000 system. I was equally surprised when in another thread here people suggested getting Behringer ADA8000 and compared it to Apogee converters.

Quote Originally Posted by 11thour
    I haven't tracked with SAW, but I think I may try it out..
    Would you still use your HD24's converters or would you get a different audio interface (what would be your choice)?

Originally posted by Kevin: the reason I use a HD24 is because I was growing tired of all the hassle's with tracking straight to a PC.. Constant problems in the middle of sessions..(drop-outs, etc) I just needed something that worked..EVERYTIME!
    Kevin,
    You've GOT to do some tracking in Saw!! If your pc is configured even slightly right for audio, you're not gonna get hiccups with Saw!

You just might start using the HD24 as your converters into the pc the way some of these VS2480 guys have done.

DanT

Kevin, just to reinforce Up's affirmation (sorry it sounds like a 12 steper word), read this post just written yesterday. This is just another of many post's here reminding that Saw can handle heavy live tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn
    Kevin,
    You've GOT to do some tracking in Saw!! If your pc is configured even slightly right for audio, you're not gonna get hiccups with Saw!

You just might start using the HD24 as your converters into the pc the way some of these VS2480 guys have done.

DanT
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.