Close

Thread: OT - Distressor

Default OT - Distressor

Hi All,

Can anybody recommend a good sounding "distressor" like plug in? I
    am looking for something to use in drums and I would like to have some of
    the "little dirty, almost overcompressed, juice" sound... I heard some
    plugs from UA that I liked, but they just work with the PCI card AFAK...

Thanks,

Carlos
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Default Re: OT - Distressor

for that distressor kinda sound in a plugin... its gonna be hard heh.

Whenever I want that kinda sound I put blockfish on top of saw's comp (which is makign that fast release, fast attack uber-compressed sound)... then tailor blockfish with some saturation and more compression...

the distressor is one of those things you cant really "do" digital... those things are almost alive hehe... Some 1176-style comps may get you there

check out gco-1, I hear it's absolutely fab and can get that sound pretty easily.... http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/gco-1.php

The other stuff they give for free, and sell is pretty good too... dont use it myself but I can recommend it with good conscience after trying the demo's.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

I often wondered about the same thing. Finally, I broke down and bought one..... and boy am I ever glad I did.
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Quote Originally Posted by AudioAstronomer
    for that distressor kinda sound in a plugin... its gonna be hard heh.

Whenever I want that kinda sound I put blockfish on top of saw's comp (which is makign that fast release, fast attack uber-compressed sound)... then tailor blockfish with some saturation and more compression...

the distressor is one of those things you cant really "do" digital... those things are almost alive hehe... Some 1176-style comps may get you there

check out gco-1, I hear it's absolutely fab and can get that sound pretty easily.... http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/gco-1.php

The other stuff they give for free, and sell is pretty good too... dont use it myself but I can recommend it with good conscience after trying the demo's.
    Hi Robert,

This Golden Compressor GCO-1 looks interesting... I will give it a try.

Thanks
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Get the real thing