Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Mouse In Your House?

Hey guys,
    Just wondering what kind of mouse you guys use for maximum efficiency in SAW with minimal hand fatigue?!

Also, share any great hot button mouse ideas you use.

"To eliminate control surface lust,this is our mission should you accept it..."

Thanks

Default Re: The Mouse In Your House?

Logitech cordless trackball, with the trackball on under the thumb (some are in the center). Allows me to leave it set in one place (or anywhere within range... ie. on my lap at the couch) and not have to shuffle around on a pad or drag a silly cord all over the desk. No special hot key combos, but I like that it has a scroll wheel up top besides the trackball on the side. I always use my scroll wheel to zoom in Saw, but there's always the alt command when I need to scroll through tracks.

DanT

Dant,

That's cool..

Oh yeah... another thing about the trackball in the middle design... there's no scroll wheel. That's why I like the trackball under the thumb. A lot of folks don't like to use it though. I guess that can be a good thing, 'cuase it keeps grimy mitts off the mouse.
    That's the only downside too..... having to clean out the cavity of dust accumulation 'cause the trackball gets jerky sometimes. I think I read that the design has been changed to reduce that problem in newer trackballs. Battery needs changing every so often, maybe once a month (?), but it's only a single AA.

DanT

My wife just read your post and punched me. She has been using that thumb track mouse for years and I always give her a hard time about it. I guess I need to apologize and try it out.

logitech wheelmouse m-bj58. it's the standard logitech wheelmouse.

I wouldnt use anything else on any computer, ever. Ill goto another studio and use protools.. but i bring my mouse with me.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Ill goto another studio and use protools.. but i bring my mouse with me.
    I HEAR THAT!

8. Default Re: The Mouse In Your House?

Quote Originally Posted by AudioAstronomer
    *snip* Ill goto another studio and use protools.. **
    Bringing a mouse with you is cool, I have a cell phone that goes alot of places with me too, but your not saying you hook that poor thing up to ProStools !
    Chicks Rule. . .

Quote Originally Posted by kent
    Bringing a mouse with you is cool, I have a cell phone that goes alot of places with me too, but your not saying you hook that poor thing up to ProStools !
    I look at it a lot like stealing bread to feed the family
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Have used plenty of conventional (i.e. large) sized mice but they always made my hand ache. Also hate ball type mice as they are unreliable. Cords have never been a big issue for me. Scroll wheel is essential for SAW IMO. Have a Wacom Graphire mouse & pen tablet, but find the pen frustrating as the right click function (crucial for SAW operation) is unnatural.

So I recently bought a small Sigma (a non-brand) optical mouse as sold for notebook use at 9 (~$12). It has two buttons plus a scroll wheel, and has a slightly rubbery non-slip surface. I can operate it with my fingertips, with my wrist on the tabletop, without it contacting the palm of my hand. Have not had any hand strain since using it. I suspect the lack of contact with the palm prevents some kind of automatic grip reflex, allowing the hand muscles to relax. It may explain why some people prefer trackballs, which are also fingertip-operated.

YMMV, as they say!

Cheers,

Alan