Close

Default VST plugin problem...

hi Bob

...when i patch some Nuendo plugins to SAWStudio in pre or post rack the plugin appears but stops the playback and when i bypass the plugin the playback comes back!

Why some VST plugins appear in SAWStudio but they are not active?

can you give me some technical info about this occurence? - thanks Bob

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user)

Default Re: VST plugin problem...

Is the VST plugin a synth? If so, it will not pass other track data through it... but instead is supposed to generate its own data output when triggered by midi data.

If the plugin is a synth, then you need to patch it on its own blank track, because it will not pass underlying data.

You can tell if the plug is supposed to process existing data by looking at the i/o display at the top of the SAWStudio holder window for the VST plugin... if it says 2i/2o then it means it is a stereo in and stereo out processing plugin... if it says 0i/2o then it means it does not accept input and generates a stereo output.

You can also look in the popup VST properties menu (right-click the blue pyramid at the top of the holdwer window). If its a synth, the midi assignment options will be active.

Beyond that... some plugins may not be compatible with SAWStudio's VST hooks, or may actually be proprietary to only work with the host application from the manufacturer.

Bob L

Default Re: VST plugin problem...

A number of the Steinberg VST plugins included with Nuendo and Cubase will not work in SAW because Steinberg deliberately crippled these plugins to only work with their products. The same happens with the Sonar versions of the DX Lexicon Pantheon and Ultrafunk Sonitus suite - they work only in Sonar.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson