Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Must Have "Plug-ins"?

I am just looking for some suggestions from those of you doing a LOT of music production to find the best plugin's outside of the SAWStudio "native" list. I own most of those already and was looking to expand my options. I think I am pretty much set on EQ's and Compressors between the Anwida & Sonorus items I own.. though I guess most of the good ones out there all have a character of their own just like the outboard stuff.

I have been doing some reading around the net and it seems that most people still prefer to process vocal tracks in outboard gear... I havent read anywhere that someone is ready to replace his 480L or Eventide with a plug-in though I am curious if any of you have any thoughts on this topic.

I own Ozone3 for "mastering" if you can call it that, though lately I have been experimenting with the Sonorus MB Comp and Linear Phase EQ for that task. I am still learning the art of getting a mix that sounds good on various playback systems, though I am getting better at it.

I have thought of buying an "autotune" plug-in and remember seeing a discussion on here somewhere (I think) comparing a few different "brands" of this product.

Well here is my current list of Plug-In's - Any suggestions on "Must Have" additions? (for music production primarily).

Aniwda soft - CX1V, GEQ15V, L1V, GEQ15V, GEQ31V, PEQ1V, Spazio, C-Delay, Chorus, Filter, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo

Sonorus - Compressor, LP Equalizer, MB Compressor, Meter, MS Codec, Pitchtime

SawStudio - Echo/Delay, Frequency Analyzer, Graphic EQ, Levelizer, Reverb, VideoViewer

Izotope - Ozone3, Trash, Vinyl

Glaceverb
    Freeverb

Thats my list for now... so what don't I have that I can't live without??

Bill

Default Re: Must Have "Plug-ins"?

You could look at DSP FX which can be "buggy" at times. Since I upgraded my PC, they are much better behaved. I have had these for 4 years and to my surprise still find good uses for them eg; chorus, flanging, tremolo and instrument exciter (called aural activator). No development has happened in this time and they are now half price. They allow a demo download.

I just sold my Eventide DSP4000. Havent found a straight up replacement but the Discord plugin but AudioDamge is really nice. Emulates the H910. It does thw widening thing just as good as my Eventide in an a/b.

Jesse
    www.medwaystudio.com

Drumagog. An absolute lifesaver.
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Nimbus
    Drumagog. An absolute lifesaver.
    Amen

also "Convoy Boy"

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Skeens
    I just sold my Eventide DSP4000. Havent found a straight up replacement but the Discord plugin but AudioDamge is really nice. Emulates the H910. It does thw widening thing just as good as my Eventide in an a/b.

Jesse
    Jesse, do you have a link for this? I'd like to try it.

thanks

perry

Quote Originally Posted by Perry
    Jesse, do you have a link for this? I'd like to try it.

thanks

perry
    Ahhh... never mind.. found it!

thanks,

perry

The SIR convolution reverb is my favorite tool of all time, and the fact that it's free makes it even better.

DBS Deesser
    PSP Stereo Enhancer
    SonicFoundry Efx 1,2,3
    JMS stuff - get it ALL
    C-SuperStereo
    DFX Scrubby
    DFX Transverb
    FX Meter32
    FX32Linker
    IXL meters - whole package for SawStudio
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Another vote for the JMS stuff - in particular the Hi-Rez EQ which is great for fine tuning tracks or sub-mixes or, at the other extreme, heavy duty filtering (e.g. for samples, FX, loops etc).

The compressor is excellent too (e.g. individual toms, congas, electric bass etc).

Andre