Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Initialize vst's?

I am not sure what I have done wrong but for some reason all of my vst plugins have disappeared from my fx lists. Is there a simple way to get them back?
    Thanks
    J
    Aaallllright!!! Who pushed the suck button

Default Re: Initialize vst's?

Quote Originally Posted by jeromee
    I am not sure what I have done wrong but for some reason all of my vst plugins have disappeared from my fx lists. Is there a simple way to get them back?
    Thanks
    J
    Jeromee, the VST dll's need to exist in the folder 'VST_PlugIns' which should exist within your SAWStudio folder. There may be other ways to point SS to other VST directories (folders), but the above is how they work for me. Hope this helps.

BTW, where is 'the boonies in VA'? I grew up, and hope to move back, to the Bedford area, between Roanoke and Lynchburg. If you don't want to post on the forum, but don't mind letting me know where, you can email to 'MediaAdventures@cs.com', or PM me via this forum.

Good luck.
    John
    Mountain Media, Inc.

Hi John

The "Boonies in VA" are in Rockbridge Co. Final resting place of Robert E. Lee & Stonewall Jackson. College town of Washington & Lee and Virginia Military Institute. I'm about 40 mins north of Roanoke.

Anyway, the .dll's are in my vst plugin folder but have disappeared from my choices under fx selections and when I load some projects from a couple of days ago it tells me that the plugs have corrupted data settings and please reset all instances of them.
    Thanks
    J

Did you maybe push the GROUP button and now you can only see the selected group of Effects?
    Carey A. Langille
    Producer/Engineer
    Ocean Sound Productions
    www.oceansoundstudio.com
    Creativity at the Speed of Sound

I agree with Carey... sounds like you selected a different Group in your FX Choices list and are not looking at all plugins.

Bob L

Yeah, seems like the reply I made (deleted) was answering a different problem.

Too much sugar from yesterday... I am reading things that aren't there!

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    I agree with Carey... sounds like you selected a different Group in your FX Choices list and are not looking at all plugins.

Bob L
    Bob, would Group selection account for plugs already associated with a project having 'corrupted data'? I tried and even if not in selected group, when a saved EDL is opened, the VST plug still showed up. Maybe, some VSTs are different than others. Hope Group solved his problem, though.

Jeromee, know Rockbridge area, somewhat. Anywhere up the valley is fine country with me!! Good luck.
    John
    Mountain Media, Inc.

Thanks for all of the replies. I have checked all of my groups of which I am only using five different groups. When I view all plugs listed, it stops at a certain number in alphabetical order, which in my case are everything that starts with "E" on. My IXL meters and voxengo stuff are no longer listed as a choice. All of my DX plugs, sonoris plugs, Bob's levelizer & reverb plugs are listed. The vst's just stop at about a 3rd of the way through. Do you think I should re-install Saw to see if this solves my problem or is there a file I can remove from a folder that will allow Saw to rescan my vst plugs.

Thanks guys
    J

There is an internal limit on 128 VST plugs... how many do you have in the folder?

If you have that many... I highly recommend a serious cleanout... you are loading the system into the mud with that many vst dlls active.

Bob L

Hi Bob

I have about 70 vst's. Then there are the native plugs and about 20 DX plugs. Can I reset an .ini file?
    Thanks
    J