Close

Default Rec metres goes behind MT

Hi i mentioned this in another thread.
    When i have REC activated, the metres and the REC/SRP panel hides behind the MT and other windows.
    I just discovered that this only happens when i use my RME fireface and opens the multimix after i opened SS.
    When i use the internal soundcard on my laptop, everything works fine.

Has anyone experienced it.
    I have made a workaround on another F-keys. But it would be nice to have it working right.
    BTW this happens on both of my machine. A HP Laptop, and a AMD 64 desktop.
    Good Sawing
    Best Regard
    Kasper Anhøj Olsson
    Odense
    Denmark

Default Re: Rec metres goes behind MT

Quote Originally Posted by olzzon
    Has anyone experienced it.
    Yes, Kasper. I posted about it a while back. I never did find what caused it.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Hi Jay Q
    Thanks for the link.

Are you using the fireface?

I just felt i was into something after i discovered that using another soundcard solved the thing.

I´ll keep digging.
    Good Sawing
    Best Regard
    Kasper Anhøj Olsson
    Odense
    Denmark

If the totalmix makes a certain type of function call to become an ontop window when it opens and closes... there is a possiblity that all ontop windows on the screen will be messed up after that... it is a problem with Windows... never have found a solution...

This is the reason why it is not so easy to handle special ontop window switching options... and I have stayed away from them even though I always agreed they would be nice.

The best you can do is to make all F-Keys with no overlapped windows... that includes a space for record meters. If you create F-Keys with record meters open to a certain size, that window size will save with the F-Key and openeing more meters at a later time will scroll the meters within that pre-defined size... it is a very nice way to keep the screen uncluttered... even when recording 20 or more tracks at once.

Bob L

Are you using the fireface?
    No, Kasper. Using the M-Audio Delta 66.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

I found out what happens:

When i press Alt + TAB to switch program and there´s no other programs open, so that SS switch to itself. It puts the meters behind the active window. And keeps doing that until you close and reoopen the program.
    Good Sawing
    Best Regard
    Kasper Anhøj Olsson
    Odense
    Denmark

I'll see if I can duplicate that.

Bob L

I found out what happens:

When i press Alt + TAB to switch program and there´s no other programs open, so that SS switch to itself. It puts the meters behind the active window. And keeps doing that until you close and reoopen the program.
    Ah, right you are! Happens here, too. Good find, Kasper.

Jay

Yup... that's the ticket... I will have to look hard to see why the ontop status no longer works after that...

I have never run into it because I always leave a Windows Explorer opened on the taskbar for quick file navigation... you may want to try that to eliminate the problem for now.... or possibly forever... if I determine its some kind of Windows issue that I cannot trap for.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    Yup... that's the ticket... I will have to look hard to see why the ontop status no longer works after that...

I have never run into it because I always leave a Windows Explorer opened on the taskbar for quick file navigation... you may want to try that to eliminate the problem for now.... or possibly forever... if I determine its some kind of Windows issue that I cannot trap for.

Bob L
    That´s fine. I think i´ll let the RME.mixer load when i start windows, so i allways have it open. Cause that is why i pressed ALT-TAB in the first place. (But forgot to load the Totalmix first)
    Good Sawing
    Best Regard
    Kasper Anhøj Olsson
    Odense
    Denmark