Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default OT: forum interface behavior of late

As I write this, the normal compose window is different. The various tool buttons are visible, but not available, and the interface looks "flatter". Anyone else?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: OT: forum interface behavior of late

Yeah, noticed it also today.

Depending on which browser you use, it looks different.

Also, have you changed lately the editor options in your user control panel?

Remember you can have 3 different ways to look at how you compose the messages: basic, standard and enhanced
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

Actually, I see (or rather can see just it's place and no icon) a new spell check button on IE. In firefox there are two additional buttons for letter size & editor mode and none of those are shown in opera, no matter what bowser you set it to be identified like.

Maybe this all means they're (Jeanne) fiddling with the forum code?
    Last edited by Pedro Itriago; 01-11-2006 at 05:49 PM.
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Itriago
    Depending on which browser you use, it looks different.

Also, have you changed lately the editor options in your user control panel?

Remember you can have 3 different ways to look at how you compose the messages: basic, standard and enhanced
    Well, I've been using nothing but Mozilla. Right now it's doing it. Here's a new thing: the word groups 'decrease size', 'increase size', and 'switch editor mode' are in the upper right corner of the window. Clicking on one of the three changes stuff. And this time the smileys (newly located in a box on the right side of the interface) are available, as are the various buttons up above the type-in text box. Hmmm... maybe the i/f is getting tweaked as we speak.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque
    As I write this, the normal compose window is different. The various tool buttons are visible, but not available, and the interface looks "flatter". Anyone else?
    Hadn't noticed, but maybe vBulletin just released an update and Jeanne implemented it.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Yeah the whole thing reminds me of working in Word now.....
    and I just found out you can't add smileys in the edit a post window anymore..... at least I think you used to be able to?

DanT

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn
    and I just found out you can't add smileys in the edit a post window anymore..... at least I think you used to be able to?
    You should still be able to use the shortcut (e.g., type a colon ":" followed by a closed paren ")" for a smile), but if for some reason that doesn't work, click the "Go Advanced" button.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Okay
    test
    thanks

10. Default Re: OT: forum interface behavior of late

Good morning!

Yes, I just installed an update to the software. That's why you are seeing a few cosmetic changes. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks!
    -Jeanne