Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Possible update bug, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    I doubt the VST latency code has anything to do with a panning problem... but heh... anything is possible.

Bob L
    I didn't think it was, which is why I never mentioned it til now. I really thought it was a plug-in issue. What confuses me is that I have Saw and "Marquis" on my internet PC that I use to test plugins, try different ideas I may learn from the forum etc.. And it doesn't have this problem. So at the moment I'm dumbfounded

How does this stuff get to be an industry standard?

Bob L
    The same way VHS did.
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Well... as I knew would happen... auto VST latency compensation would not work for all plugins....
    I have a k version coming... and I am going to be forced to put in some kind of bypass or latency adjustment after all... a pain in the butt.
    IIRC, part of my original "second" to the request for latency compensation was a selectable bypass for that feature, as I expected that there would be situations where the compensation might not work or might not be wanted.

Of course, the different comments I read here bring up another "headache" factor: should the latency compensation "bypass" be strictly global, or is it better to also allow compensation defeat on an individual basis? One possibility that occurs to me is having the ability to add a sort of "vst_decomp.ini" file in which plugins that should NOT (or can't) be compensated are listed, perhaps along with some kind of "flag" in the window that SAW puts around the vst plug indicating compensation status.

All of this, of course, only makes me wish more that all of the reall good plugins were made available in SawNative versions!
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

It seems that the change has fixed way more things than it has broken.

I don't know if it is realistic to expect every plug in to work pefectly in every host, but I do hope Bob can raise the percentage that do work properly in SS without completely burning out.

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

The plugins that are creating pops now are puzzling to me... the auto compensation is a one time thing with the VST protocol... it is not an ongoing adjustment as you playback... only at the start of playback, or at the onset of a bypass action... I am not really seeing how the auto compensation should cause continuous pops and clicks along the way...

Is that was is happening or are you hearing pops when you are trying to automate bypass switches.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by MMP
    It seems that the change has fixed way more things than it has broken.

I don't know if it is realistic to expect every plug in to work pefectly in every host, but I do hope Bob can raise the percentage that do work properly in SS without completely burning out.

Regards,

MM
    I agree. Plugsins that don't work properly are removed from my studio (of course I try with developer first).
    Same principle for equipment in my racks that either didn't work or were incompatible.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Bob, I am getting pops, mostly (not exclusively) on the left side that are continous. These are pre-recorded tracks that I am adding chorus to. I tried old EDL's and I recorded a few new tests. All have popping. I am now back to i and there is no problem on old EDL's, new EDL's, or the previous test EDL's.

The popping is the entire track. Sure seems like it is something in j.

Thanks

What happens if you build a track with the Chorus to another track and compare the timing? Could the plug in be misreporting it's latency? Is it early? I had a problem with UAD where I would get popping at volume automation, is there automation where you hear the pops? Do the pops coincide with the beginning or ends of regions?

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

I agree. Plugsins that don't work properly are removed from my studio (of course I try with developer first).
    Same principle for equipment in my racks that either didn't work or were incompatible
    These plug ins were purchased after it was verified they worked in SAW. Until j they worked fine. It really is that simple, unfortunately!
    Last edited by Sam C; 01-21-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Well... I'm figuring a way to manually bypass the auto compensation and then it should be as it was before... big question... did these plugins have latency before where you had to use the JMS Latency compensator... if so... are you still patching the compensator in... if so... my guess is that's what's wrong.

Bob L