Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Hello from Spain......... and thanks a lot!!!!

Well, first, hello, and excuse me for my english......... I have decide enter here because it's impossible for me to find help in Spain about this program (Sawstudio ---- a fantastic multi-dream-maker-for-me), but now I'm trying this program. A friend have show me this web. I have download a demo. So, here I am, with a lot of questions and problems, because I am a stupid man....... I think.
    A question: How can I record my voice listening a reverb, but no recording that reverb????' that is possible???? Sorry for this stupid question....... And thanks a lot...... from Spain.
    Bye

Default Re: Hello from Spain......... and thanks a lot!!!!

J. A.,

Welcome...

Yes, you can record while monitoring revrb and eq and compression, but still record the flat signal...

It is easy to do this if you use split signal monitoring... using a small Mackie or Behringer type mixer... you take the record signal from a bus out of that mixer while you monitor a split of the same signal directly from the mixer along with playback from SAWStudio. Reverb is adjusted on the mixer using a hardware aux send and small reverb unit.

You can also do the entire thing inside the virtual world of SAWStudio with no need for any external mixing or processing hardware at all... this, however can be a bit confusing to jump right into without first understanding the basics of the interface and signal routing within the SAWStudio environment.

To do this, also requires your system and soundcard drivers to be capable of low latency operation, which in many cases requires a well tweaked Windows system, with no virus checkers and other background apps eating up the cpu time.

You must be able to get SAWStudio comfortably playing back with buffer settings in the 3 x 128 or lower range... read about setting up the buffers in the helpfile.

Once your machine is happily working at these low latencies (you may have to use the Asio Driver model to do so, depending on your hardware).. then you should look into the live input signal routing and recording operation under the Ready To Record section.

Another thing you will need to learn is how to control the signal routing of the Pre Patch point in the virtual mixer to set it to the top of the channel strip, so you are free to use all processing on the channel strip for monitoring while still recording a flat and dry signal from the Pre Patch record point.

Its quite a confusing first leap into the whole SAWStudio experience... but good luck...

Bob L

J.A.

Feel free to contact me to talk in spanish.
    We can even chat about it, here is my msn mail eluro@msn.com.

Alex G.
    Apex Multimedia
    http://www.apex.com.mx

4. Default Re: Hello from Spain......... and thanks a lot!!!!

Thanks a lot Bob L, now I need only translate your words. . In Spain we use 2 specials "words" for explain something wonderful. Your program is "im-presionante"
    Alex G. muchas gracias por permitirme hablar en español, que para mÃ* es mejor. Y si no te importa te enviaré algún e-mail para que me puedas aclarar algunas cosas sobre el programa. No me gustarÃ*a suponer un conflicto en este foro por utilizar el español siempre, por eso utilizaré el e-mail.

Hi J.A.
    Welcome aBoard!!
    I'm quite in your same situation, as well as other fellows in the forum.

Feel free to contact with me, also. Whatever you need
    this is for messenger only: miquelmb@wanadoo.com

Astalavista x)
    Last edited by antiClick; 02-03-2006 at 04:04 AM.
    Best regards,
    MiQuel Martí

6. Default

Hello again......... I still with problems......... why my Sawstudio can't read a file if I have change the original folder where I have record that song...... (I don't know if I have explain very well this....... sorry). I have record somes guitars, bass, drums and keydboards, I have save that recordings in a folder, but now I need to clean my CPU and I have salved in DVD all that work, but when I reinstall that folder in my CPU I can't listen nothing...... why????? what can I do????? (in the multitrack appear the recordings but no sound). I'm sure that is a stupid question, but I have loose all the week-end thinking in the solution!
    Please I need help.........!

This may not solve your problem, but I'm just trying to help out.

When you back up your session folder to dvd, do you make certain that ALL the necessary files are in the folder? This includes the original wav files generated when you make your recording.

Many times my students would assume that simply backing up and saving the Saw edl file was all that was required (as they do with their Sonar midi sessions, I suppose). Myabe you are completely aware of the need to back up the wav files as well. If so, I don't mean to insult your intelligence.

When you open a session edl, all of the regions you created will show up and the wav graphics will appear to indicate that everything is there, but if your wav files are missing then Saw will have nothing to play back.

Maybe we need a little more information about what exact steps you are taking in backing up, then recovering your sessions in order to give a more informed and helpful response?

We'll help if we can.

DanT
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 02-06-2006 at 07:59 AM.

You don't mention if you receive any kind of error or warning messages when opening your session... if so, what are they?

Does the cursor move when you press play as if everything is okay?

If so, maybe your audio assignment have not been restored correctly. Maybe this is the problem. If so, you can disregard my earlier post entirely.

DanT

9. Default

Thank you UPtilDawn, I understand very well what you say, .......... but. All my instruments are in .wav (I've make my drums in Cubase, but I make a wav of this sequences, and I put that waves in the same folder that I have record the guitars, bass, etc..... When I use Sawstudio I have create a folder for every song. In that folder are all the originals files creates with Sawstudio and others programs (always in .wav). I can open that files with Sawstudio, but if I record in DVD that same folder (believe me, in the DVD are the sames files that in my CPU), in the multitrack appear "in blue" every file but without sound........... I have check every folder in my DVD and I can open every wav in other programs (like Wavelab), but the session in Sawstudio no have sound......... I don't know why! I suppose that exist any file in other part of my computer that emsemble every files in Sawstudio.
    All my files (even those that I have make with Cubase, Fruityloops, Wavelab and Sawstudio are in the same folder) are in my computer and in DVD, but if I erase the folder in my computer, I can't listen nothing if I put the same folder (with the sames originals files).
    ........... yes, I know, I know, I know........... sorry....... I'm a stupid.
    But, with your help, you're making my dreams come true!!!!
    Thanks a lot.

10. Default

Oh, well, I don't read any message with a problem in Sawstudio, but I don't try that about the preferences........... maybe I need to prove that. Yes, I suppose that I need to put the sames preferences with that songs...... Well, I will trye..... I need to wait..... I'm in my work...... this nigth I will trye. Thanks a lot my friend.