Close

Default Setting automation with vari-speed temporarily set

Hi everyone,

When editing sermons and longer recordings, I use vari-speed to listen back at a higher speed and make my edits as I go (hoping for an MT playback speed control soon :-)) and I have a question about how my automation is handled.

When I set automation while in "vari-speed mode" everything is cool. When I take everything back to 100% (from 175% or whatever), my automation does not adjust to where it should be.

Here are the general steps I take:
    - Insert .wav files (several tracks) on MT
    - Go to Select mode and Ctrl-A to select all regions
    - Alt-Right click and set vari-speed to 175%
    - Listen all the way through and make edits and add automation in spots
    - When done, Select mode, Alt-Right click and set back to 100%
    - My automation is still written, but not in the correct spots

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Admittedly, I have not tried a lot of different things. My workaround is to split the region where I want to automate, and then after everything is set back to 100%, I go back and add automation. This is "ok", but sometimes I have a couple hundred edits and it can be time consuming.

Thanks for any ideas or showing me the obvious answer I missed!

David
    David Benkert

Default Re: Setting automation with vari-speed temporarily set

You could playback at another samplerate instead.
    That way, every thing is aligned. But it requires your soundcard to play at higher samplerate.
    Haven´t done that myself though, but it should work.
    Good Sawing
    Best Regard
    Kasper Anhøj Olsson
    Odense
    Denmark

The automation stays in place for me... I just tested it... make sure all automation is within region boundaries and I believe it should adjust as you change the varispeed.

What version of SS are you using... this may not have been so in early versions.

Bob L

I just tested it on a small sample as well and it was fine. I am not sure why it hasn't worked in the past. I know there a lot of edits and moving and stuff like that so who knows what happened.

I will try to make a better effort to see some consitency on what i am doing and why it may not have worked (i.e. across regions like you mentioned.)

Thanks!
    David Benkert