Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Folks,

For ayone that has a large number of VST plug-ins but doesn't want to have to manually copy them to the SAW VST folder, manage extra copies or manually create .ini files, I've just released a free software utility that does the job for you: SAWVSTIniTool.

http://www.efofex.net/software.html

Simply provide one or more VST plug-in paths and an output path and you're ready to go. In most cases, it can auto-detect your system VST path and SAW Studio VST folder so its practically a one click operation. All settings are automatically saved, so when a new VST is installed, simply re-run the utility and everything in the SAW folder is updated according to your configuration.

This is freeware however, so no support is implied or offered. Also be sure to read the "readme.txt" file provided with the installer before installing.

Version 1.1 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is required (available from Microsoft) as well as a utility to unzip the download. Testing was limited to WindowsXP SP1 and SP2, so there can be no guarantees on other versions of Windows (though I don't suspect there should be any issues)

John
    Last edited by particle8; 03-04-2006 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Typo in title

Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Hey particle8 - this is a great idea - thank you.

However I can't get it to install - it has an error message saying

"The loader did not find the file (HD address) setup.INI"

Thanks

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by mako
    Hey particle8 - this is a great idea - thank you.

However I can't get it to install - it has an error message saying

"The loader did not find the file (HD address) setup.INI"

Thanks

mako
    I got the same error as mako. Are we missing a file in the .zip? Or is the installer corrupt?
    Joe

4. Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Sorry folks!

Somehow I managed NOT to include all of the files in the .zip (totally embarrassed here!) That's been corrected now so you'll just need to download the new .zip file. My apologies for the inconvenience

John

Excellent - thanks John - that works like a dream.

I very much appreciate this - it will help to make the transition for newcomers totally painless, and makes life for me much simpler too.

Thanks again

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by particle8
    Version 1.1 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is required
    John
    Why??!

Maybe you would be the one to explain to me why the thing was developed in the first place. And what is so great about it.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

7. Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Quote Originally Posted by Angie
    Why??!

Maybe you would be the one to explain to me why the thing was developed in the first place. And what is so great about it.
    Angie,

Basically the tool was developed for my own use to make managing a large VST library (225+) shared with SAWStudio easier. I never implied it was "great." For someone who doesn't have a large VST library, then no its not as useful. I simply decided to make it available to others in case it was useful to them. Nothing more than that.

I'm guessing she meant .Net, not your app
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.

@particle8:
    I don't think Angie questioned the use of your program, but the use of .NET Framework:-).

She cited "Version 1.1 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is required".

I don't develop with any sharp tools of Microsoft, but as far as I can see the .NET framework offers a big library of classes/methods to the developer, so it's easier and faster to develop a nice Windows application.

More about that here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

...Pedro's as quick as always:-) - too much snow in Erlangen to leave the house?:-)
    Last edited by JoergReiher; 03-07-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoergReiher
    ...Pedro's as quick as always:-) - too much snow in Erlangen to leave the house?:-)
    Actually, although snowing a bit, it has starting to melt . Also, too many renders to wait for, thus the many continuos visits to the forum.
    Figuring out how the House M.D. character was developed.
    Macarena Ain't Noise Pollution.