Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Ah, thanks guys.

Sorry if I sounded offensive, John. I was referring to .NET framework.

Vegas now requires it and I've found it to be a PITA on a computer that is not connected to the internet as my studio machine is not. Vegas 6 won't recognize that .NET is already installed and keeps trying to grab it from the web. Can you say drop Vegas. I can. I just see it as one more way Microsoft is invading my computer.

John, I have no doubt your app is a usefull one.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

2. Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Quote Originally Posted by Angie
    Ah, thanks guys.

Sorry if I sounded offensive, John. I was referring to .NET framework.
    Hi, Angie. No offense taken, but the clarification is helpful. Its so easy to misinterpret the intended meaning of a written statement. That's the downside of email and forums, I suppose.

Vegas now requires it and I've found it to be a PITA on a computer that is not connected to the internet as my studio machine is not. Vegas 6 won't recognize that .NET is already installed and keeps trying to grab it from the web. Can you say drop Vegas. I can. I just see it as one more way Microsoft is invading my computer.
    I wouldn't classify it at all as a "way for Microsoft to invade your computer." Its really just a foundation for developing Windows applications whose underlying architecture is actually beneficial rather than detrimental to your system.

It almost sounds as if Vegas is looking version for 1.1 and you have 1.0 installed. If so, then you should be able to download the v1.1 .NET Framework from microsoft.com on any internet-connected computer, burn it to a CD or store on a flash drive and then install it on the machines that need it.

John, I have no doubt your app is a usefull one.
    Whew! :-)

Take care.

John

Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

Angie, I do not have that problem with .Net and Vegas. I wonder what might be different in the set ups?

4. Default Re: SAWVSTIniTool: Freeware tool released to generate VST .ini files

I've used this tool with great success, but cannot get it to install under Windows 7 - it complains about the version of the .NET Framework.

Therefore, I've written a version that does essentially the same thing (creates ini files under the VST_PlugIns path) based on dll files found in other folders... as a batch file. No .NET Framework or anything else needed.

If anyone wants to try it (no it's not as pretty as the OP's version -- It's a batch file!), you can read up on how to use it, and download it from http://www.richmccoy.com/SAWStudioSACVSTINITool/. It's also a little more complicated than the OP's original version since you've got to key your paths into a text file rather than select them with a Browse button, but once you get it set up, it can be very painless to run whenever necessary.

As the URL and filenames imply, it also works with SAC... It'll do both versions at the same time if you give it a SAWStudio and SAC path.