Close

Default input assignment question

Bob.
    Why ain't it possible to assign the same input to an input channel and record the device directly at the same time? I want to monitor directly without passing thru Saw, but I want to send the signal to a software delay and a reverb at the same time. The extra delay I get going thru the engine with this signal wouldn't matter much even with quite large buffer settings.

Bjørn
    Last edited by bit; 03-21-2006 at 05:29 AM.
    Try out the original SS SilverShades. Designed by BIT.
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

Default Re: input assignment question

The timing and data gathering routines are completely separate when recording thru the console channel or direct from a device... and are not compatible to be run at the same time due to the internal pointer advancing as data is removed from the drivers.

So... either/or... record direct from a device, or if you want internal monitoring control... assign some input channels to look at the device and record and route the signal from there any way you want.

If you want zero latency direct hardware monitoring, then you should use an external reverb in your small monitor hardware mixer for monitoring while performing.

If you setup monitoring thru SS, (low latency buffer settings required), then you can use any plugins you want along the way... and choose to record a dry signal or processed signal based on the Pre Patch point routing set in the Mixer Menu.

Bob L

OK. Thanks. As I suspected it wasn't your fault. But the concept of the driver routines. .....? I'll do the a split to another input. Are there any kind of drivers that can do this? At least leave the other side of the stereopair open for other kinds of assignments?

Bjørn
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

You can use only one side of the stereo pair in either mode... simply select mono assignments.

When assigning the Input channels to a device, then click next to the mono button to popup the mono selection menu and select L or R only... this then leaves the other side available... you can assign the same device on any number of Input channels... but not when using the direct device assignment on a record meter.

Bob L

Bob
    I know about the mono assignments, but if you use one side of the stereopair in one mode (i.e. live input) both sides are greyed out for the other mode (record device). right.. ?

Bjørn
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

Is this/will this be an SAC feature? I
    t's what I need. (I made a mistake thinking I could get rid of muy hardware).

Dominic

Yes... you really should record in one mode or the other.

Bob L