Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WaveLab

Default WaveLab

I've been thinking of getting WaveLab for Mastering.But, now that I'm back into SAW, does it offer anything that i couldn't do with SAW and a few third party apps? I have the Elemental Inspector XL for meters. I know I would need a few other things, so I'm thinking I should just get what I need to master in SAW, but I want to be sure that I wouldn't miss an essential tool.
    Thanks!!

Default Re: WaveLab

What does Wavelab offer that Saw does'nt ????

Later
    Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by mikebuzz

Later
    Buzz
    Yes.

The Levelizer, is SAW native. And very good, IMO.
    Good Sawing
    Best Regard
    Kasper Anhøj Olsson
    Odense
    Denmark

Others feel differently... but I do all my final mastering directly in SAWStudio... there are great choices for eq and the Levelizer is all I use for maximizing levels.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by mikebuzz

Later
    Buzz
    Mainly:
    * PQ point creation & editing (which SAW can also do if get the JMS CSG)
    * direct burning of session files to CD-R & DVD-R
    * DVD-A support.
    * DPP support (if you purchase a pricy add on).

Personally I would choose to just get the JMS Audioware CSG, (and if you need DDP support Gear Pro Mastering, and Discwelder if you need DVD-A support) - as all would ultimately run you cheaper and you'd still be able to stay in the SAW environment for the majority of your work.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic
    Mainly:
    * PQ point creation & editing (which SAW can also do if get the JMS CSG)
    * direct burning of session files to CD-R & DVD-R
    * DVD-A support.
    * DPP support (if you purchase a pricy add on).

Personally I would choose to just get the JMS Audioware CSG, (and if you need DDP support Gear Pro Mastering, and Discwelder if you need DVD-A support) - as all would ultimately run you cheaper and you'd still be able to stay in the SAW environment for the majority of your work.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Thanks Steve, that's what I was looking for. I didn't know if all the "Essential" stuff was available third party. What is your opinion of Gear? Plus isn't Wavlab dongled?

Blog Entries

I have used WaveLab and it sure is a very busy program with a myriad menus and selections. I only used it to edit and normalize...this is back in the mid 90's.

I guess if you get into the program you can do all kinds of things, I like to make things simple and find that the less I use the better off I am. I learned this from micing my drums...IE...less mics....

I use to record in one program, edit in another, mix back into a program...them master in another....

Now it is SS in, through and out.

I burn my CD's using Nero...now I do think as others have and Bob nows, that it would be great if SS handled the CD/DVD burning too.

i pseudo master my stuff all in SAW, basically get it as close as i can to what i want

then i load the WAV into TRACKS-24 for just a tiny bit of tweak, it gives it a nice sound i think, true analog emulation? no, but it gives it warmth that i like

and it is EASY. i save a preference in tracks that i like, and load them into that first and tweak a hair here or there and thats it

makes them all the smae level and gives each song a sheen and sound that is similar

i will never go back to complicated things, wavelab made my head hurt reading all it could do. and i still have residual bad fellings towards steinberg and cubase after my OS X/SX 2 fiasco

just me though

Okay, Wavelab's pretty much out for me.
    Another question though, Is it possible to print the TOC using CSG and EAC/Nero? Don't most replication houses want at least a TOC if not a PQ sheet?