Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy A biggie for the SAW EXPERTS

This never happen to me before in years, last nigrh I finished my mixes, and this mornig I got this: The File Has An Un-Recognized Header Type

When I open the files, and then opens but some files are like when they are missing, they are there, I can open them in Spund forge, but in the edit list the appear like when the file is missing,

PLEASE HELP

Default Re: A biggie for the SAW EXPERTS

Perhaps you have pieces of the edl linked to files that were on a removavble drive letter that is no longer valid... check the File View window from the View menu and check all the file path links for validity.

Bob L

No everything is there BOB, is very uncommon I know, all the files are there but they have tha file error inside SAW

MG

Some of the other edls on the drive just wont open, they appear like "posibly wrong file tipe or newer verison type" ?

I'm gping crazy

MG

Did you by chance recently upgrade??

Bob this is what i was getting on that one EDL that you fixed for me? it happened when i went from LITE to FULL but only on one EDL??

and it was from a project from the FULL DEMO or something??

anyway i also got this error and it turned out something was missing in the EDL header that bob fixed.

Cool The whole situation on the "Un-recognized Header File"

The whole situation on the "Un-recognized Header File"

This is one month work:

I have 5 songs finished almost done in mixing, for some reason, some of the files have the "Un-recognized Header File" ioncluding and is a guess 2 edit list that just wont open because Saw thinks they are a newer version EDL's.

2 files opens but inmediatly appears the error "Un-recognized Header File" but the edl opens, and the files with the erros just show up like they are not in the ritgh folder but they are, I can open them in Sound Forge, the thing is the edit list can not be open correctly.

So my deduction is that is a SAW Studio problem that was caused by a disk erros, i need to know how to restore those edit list so SAw can read them, Please help, I didi the late nigth back up, bute they are the same, looks like the error hapen before the back up and everithyng is corrupt now

MG

Quote Originally Posted by lagsbartt
    Some of the other edls on the drive just wont open, they appear like "posibly wrong file tipe or newer verison type" ?

I'm gping crazy

MG
    can you open the wav files with some other app? like wmp?

Try this, first in one session only and if it seems to work, with the rest of the files:

Copy all the files to another folder or drive (don't erase the originals), and open them in Soundforge, open and "re-save" those files in Soundforge, in this process, check if the files are right in contents, sample rate and bit depht (sometimes soundforge opens corrupt files but places noise at the end of file).

Once you have copied all your project's files, change de name of the original folder to avoid SAW recalls the files inside of it. (ej. if the original name was "song 1" change it to "song 1 xxx").

Copy the edl and the undos to the new folder and try to open them in Saw, first from the .edl, later the .u00, .u01, and so up to .uxx

Years ago I has the same situation and this process helps me. Maybe you need to manipulate the files that presents errors in soundforge, but this kind of errors could result in incomplete wave files.

Sorry for my english, best regards from México.
    Alejandro Sanchez
    Audiomania

Arrow Re: A biggie for the SAW EXPERTS

Thank you, I already open the files in SF and they are ok, resave them but in the same directory and the same thing, I will try your suggestion, but what to do with the 2 edit list that reads, newer file by saw?

Mario

Trock had somehow opened the edl in the SAWStudio demo and resaved it... that stamped a different header ID into the edl... could this have happened to you also Mario.

If you want... send me the edl... no wav files... just the edl to tech@SAWStudio.com and I'll see if I can clear the header ID properly.

There have been no problems with updates destroying older edls.

Bob L