Close

Thread: OOOooo YEA!

Blog Entries

Default OOOooo YEA!

I got my head back from Mesa Boogie today..... The amp finally sounds the way it was made.....Awsome!

I bought this Studio Caliber some 10 years ago "used' and from day one the volume never seemed right and it would crack here and there, I thought it was my cords or my guitar but as the years want on it got worse and worse so I just stopped playing it, I am a drummer so no big deal. Well last month I finally called Mesa Boogie and they told me to send it on in and they bring it back to life..............WELL THEY DID!

Its crazy how a REAL Amp can sound so big so easy. I love my GTR Rig2 but The Mesa really puts The Boogie into the sound....

I have came close to the sound of the mesa in my GRT Rig2 but it is not the same...I am happy I found a hidden peace of GOLD and it was sitting just 4 feet away from me.....

Default Re: OOOooo YEA!

Hey MS, what do you mean close to your Boogie. There is no comparing the two. I've found with my Boogies it is best to send them to Randy at least once a year, if you play out a lot. I gave up on all "sims", they just sound thin. I mean the tone is kinda of there, but the recorded sound is just weak IMHO. I bet you are happy to have your Boogie back. Now, what do you know about Reamping? A Boogie, a decent Reamp and a SM57, can't ask for more. Then it is all on us.
    John

I should send my 400 bass head back. It could use some new life. just curious what the repair cost..

According to what it needs. Mine was $125 for cleaning, checking and new pre tubes. I carried it down there myself though. I live about 150 miles from Petaluma.
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johndale
    According to what it needs. Mine was $125 for cleaning, checking and new pre tubes. I carried it down there myself though. I live about 150 miles from Petaluma.
    John

Mine was $124.00 shipped to my house in FL.

6 bad resister were the problem.