Close

Unhappy Lite to Studio upgrade = corrupted data settings

Today I upgraded from Studio Lite to Studio. I opened an edl of a previous Studio Lite session. I got some error messages that are making me sweat a little.

The error messages told me that there were corrupted data for the following plug-ins and that all of the settings would have to be reset with new parameters:

Studio Reverb
    Levelizer
    Freeverb
    HiRes Equaliser

So I opened another edl... the same sort of messages. Does this mean I will have to spend hundreds of hours going back through hundreds of past sessions resetting every parameter? Is there something I'm missing here?

Help!
    Eric Baesel

Default Re: Lite to Studio upgrade = corrupted data settings

SAWStudio should have no problem reading SAWStudioLite edls... with all plugin settings left intact.

The SAWStudio normal install goes into a C:\SAWStudio folder by default... your SAWStudioLite install is probably in a C:\SAWStudioLite folder.

When you installed SAWStudio, you will also have to install all your plugins that are native into the SAWStudio app folder, and you will have to copy any VST dlls that were in the SAWStudioLite folder over to the new SAWStudio VSTPlugins folder.

Probably, that's all that is happening... SAWStudio can not find these plugins...

DX plugins are system wide registered and will be ok where the are.

Bob L

Whew!

A large sigh of relief. Thanks for saving my week. Now I can play with Studio like a kid at Christmas.
    Eric Baesel

So I'll take that last message as a verification that the problem is solved..

Bob L

Yes - it's working very well now. Thanks for the help.
    Eric Baesel