Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default OT: Age of SAW users

Any VIP affiliates can jump in here. I just sold a SS Basic package to an 80
    year old gentleman who is going to use it in his gospel studio around London, KY. I was wondering what the ages of the youngest and oldest SAWStudio
    users were. At 54 that means I may be able to keep on SAWing for 20 years at least....!

Steve
    Mountain View Recording

Default Re: OT: Age of SAW users

I first used saw when i was 12. Bought it at 21.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

I was 27 when I jumped on the Saw train, and that was 9 years ago,
    but my 4 year old daughter sometimes helps me start/stop playback + fade
    a little.
    So if that counts as a user then the dynamic is about 76 year

Sebastian

38 now, 37 when i got it. my 2 year old sits with me all the time and watches all the faders and lights and then tells me "no" quite a bit. i am still trying to figure out if this is a mix critique or insubordination at an early age?

38 now, 37 when i got it. my 2 year old sits with me all the time and watches all the faders and lights and then tells me "no" quite a bit. i am still trying to figure out if this is a mix critique or insubordination at an early age?
    Sounds like you've got a true "artist" in development.

34 now, 24 or 25 when I first purchased SAW.
    -Craig

I'm 39 now (& already have my tickets for a trip to Uruguay and Argentina for an extended 40th B'day celebration for 3 weeks in December! - hitting the "midpoint" makes for a good excuse to vaya a las playas)
    and got the first version SAW in 1994 at age 27.

My first box was a 386-40 with a DAL Card D+ w/ digital daughterboard. Used to mix & back up to a Tascam DA-30, and had a cheezy ART Proverb that I would track through if I ever wanted reverb. My entire mic closet was initially a couple of SM-58's, along with borrowing Radio Shack PZM's & a Reslo Ribbon from some roomies, and a couple AKG C1000's from the studio I worked at. It's funny how much we take for granted these days with cheap decent mics readily available along with everything else making having a quality home studio a super easy thing to do.

I think the youngest person I've sold SAW to as a VIP affiliate was in his twenties, and the oldest was in their sixties - so no real "records" there.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

39 when I bought SAW in 1994. Same sort of setup as Steve B by the sound of it. Fun and games getting hard discs to stream just 2 stereo pairs without glitching. Thank goodness for Moore's Law.

No age record until I can get my 86-year old Dad to move from Voyetra Record Producer to MWS!
    Alan Hames
    Leicester, UK

Bought SawPlus in 1995 at 33. 44 and using SS Basic now.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com