Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: OT: Age of SAW users

Came in to SawLite at version 2.6f, I think... in 2001 at 48....
    Added Midiworkshop and SawFull recently.

Saw has a way of making me forget my age though.
    Although there's no excuse for everything else I forget all the time.

DanT

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic
    I think the youngest person I've sold SAW to as a VIP affiliate was in his twenties
    who could that be

There is a 11 year old sawbasic user. Not sure I should release his name. I guess he could speak up if he's here. He and his father both use it together often, as im told he is the one generally the one at the computer operating saw while his father does the rest of the 'junk'.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Finally a thread of substance.

I can't wait for the height, weight, and ethnicity categories.

Mark

Well Mark, I'm a 6'1" tall Cawtaba Indian/Black Irish mix about 190 dry. But I first heard of SAW in 95-96. I used ProAudio when I started. I have just been onboard here since around New Years, glad to be here. SAW is very easy to get along with, I'm quite happy and y'all are good people. Anything I've been to thick to grasp, between Bob and y'all it's worked out. By the way I'm 50. Started playing in bands at about 9-10 and did my first sessions at 17.I use my studio for my own tracking and help promising artists with demos. I have also found myself being a modern day Sam Phillips by recording cowboys singing "happy Birthday" to their mothers on CD. Making a small fortune on that one. I also own a FOH and lighting system that is outdoor capible and can do up to 1000 seat halls, with class. I play guitar in a band and run jam sessions for my "bread and butter" though.
    John

36 and close to 37 now
    28 or 29 when I purchase my first SAW Pro

Alejandro Sanchez
    Audiomania

i'm 106 and been using saw since about 1947.. i love the sound of them transistors and the transformer balanced inputs.

tony

I'm 49...first used SAW when I was 39. Grew up in the analog era, of course and was an analog hold out partly for financial reasons at the time and partly because I resisted such a huge change in the way I dealt with audio...truly, a paradigm shift. Of course, once I made the shift, I never looked back and have loved working in SAW ever since. I thought I'd miss the feel of a hardware console, editing tape etc. I still use analog consoles in my live recording for my radio show but the only time I've touched a razor blade and edit block in the last ten years is when I have had to transfer some very old tapes where all the splices are letting go. I must say I love the automation capabilities in SAWstudio...the ability to create as many alternate versions as I want and know that every move I make is remembered precisely. In a world where mixes get revised and reworked or individual elements of a mix can often be used in unrelated projects, the say we now all work is nothing short of a miracle. I remember how frustrated I would get when a client would want to just move one element in a mix a fraction of a second and, naturally, making that one move would mean having to re-lay everything from that point on, etc. If we had today's technology available to us back in those days, it would have certainly saved me many hours of utter frustration and stress!

Here's to SAW and Bob for making my life ( and all of yours) so much easier and so affordable. I've heard complaints about how expensive SAWtudio is....what NONSENSE! When you consider how much power you are getting and the fact that in the old days you would have to have had a room full of very expensive hardware, plus the cost of maintaining the hardware, SAW is an incredible bargain.

Happy SAW-ing !

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot
    i'm 106 and been using saw since about 1947.. i love the sound of them transistors and the transformer balanced inputs.

tony
    Dang! is that you Tony? remember when we was down by the railroad tracks and some confounded fool was tryin to sell us some cotton pickin di-gi-tall gismos? gesshh! now were internetin it and all and been converted! who'd a thunk it. I''m 104 now and been lovin SS since I cant remember when. Live mode?, sh*t, I lookin for dead mode
    Neal Starrett

I'M NOT TELLIN'!
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

10. Default Re: OT: Age of SAW users

Me niether!

Digital Dexterity Records