Close

Exclamation OT - Video Help Needed

Hi Guys,

I have to send a video clip to a compilation of clips to some international shows (the Brazilian Association of Independent Music is taking care of this - they will produce a DVD-Rom with many clips) and the video file need to be at 720 x 480 file. But it happens that my file is at 720 x 416, and it won't work this way. Does anybody know how can I achieve a 720 x 480 resolution? (I also have the original *.VOB file). What program do I need? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Default Re: OT - Video Help Needed

Does the file open in the vidoe viewer... what format is it?

If it plays in the viewer, you may be able to then use the convert option to DV Type 2 format which may force the size up to the DV standard format size which is 720 x 480... that is for NTSC... do you use PAL format or NTSC there?

Bob L

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for your quick response!
    The file is already in avi and it does open in the SS Video Viewer. Analog TVs use PAL-M here, but it is not anusual to have an NTSC option.
    By the way, the Brazilian administration just recently decided to adopt the Japonese Digital Model for digital TVs in Brazil.
    I will try to do what you suggest and post here my results.
    Thanks again and all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    Does the file open in the vidoe viewer... what format is it?

If it plays in the viewer, you may be able to then use the convert option to DV Type 2 format which may force the size up to the DV standard format size which is 720 x 480... that is for NTSC... do you use PAL format or NTSC there?

Bob L
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Kingdia DVD ripper seems to be very handy at converting.

cheers

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Hi Bob,

Your tip did the trick on converting to 720 x 480!
    I hope this fixes everything on their side...
    Thanks a lot!
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile

Good deal.

Bob L