Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default alt-drag region boundary in MT

OK, I'm not as nuts as I thought (still nuts, just not as nuts as I thought). I thought I'd had some irregular behavior with the alt-drag thing, but then it didn't seem to show up when I tried it again during a recent discussion of the auto zero cross action during alt-dragging.

The behavior was this: dragging in one direction obeys auto zero cross laws, dragging in the other direction does not.

Well, there is actually no such auto zero cross interaction when alt-dragging a region boundary -- unless the track you're working on is selected. During such a condition auto zero cross is active when alt-dragging a region boundary toward the center of the region, but inactive when alt-dragging a boundary away from the center of the region.

This is the irregularity that was frustrating me awhile back (and again today ).

My preference would be to have it behave as it does when the track is not selected, regardless of direction of drag (i.e., no auto zero cross), for max control of region boundary by the user.

Bob? Anyone?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: alt-drag region boundary in MT

Dave... good detective work... ok... you are correct... there is one quirk in the code that behaves exactly as you stated... and should definitely NOT behave that way.... it should not be jumping to zero cross when alt-dragging.

A fix is on the list.

Bob L

Fixed in 4.0.

Thanks Dave.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    Fixed in 4.0.

Thanks Dave.

Bob L
    No, no, no... thank YOU, Bob.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Does 4.0 have an ETA and price yet Bob?

thanks

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

Working hard on it right now... in fact I am on my way to a large session with 13 horns and mucho percussion to try out the new beta.... this one has full tape-style monitor switching and should prove interesting... there is no console... we are feeding the control room and 3 aux send headphone lines all from the virtual console... while dropping the tracks flat... should be a fun one to see how it all works out.

This one also gives me the solo bus mode which allows me to cross monitor all the headphone out devices into the main control room... should be fun.

Upgrade price will be $100 this time.

Bob L

Great stuff - thanks Bob.

Gee - nothing like testing out a beta on a large production

Hope all goes well Bob

cheers

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

That session sounds pretty great Bob and a great way to test the new system. Would you care to share how it went?

If not, no problem. I am sure you have other things to do
    David Benkert

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    Working hard on it right now... in fact I am on my way to a large session with 13 horns and mucho percussion to try out the new beta.... this one has full tape-style monitor switching and should prove interesting... there is no console... we are feeding the control room and 3 aux send headphone lines all from the virtual console... while dropping the tracks flat... should be a fun one to see how it all works out.

This one also gives me the solo bus mode which allows me to cross monitor all the headphone out devices into the main control room... should be fun.

Upgrade price will be $100 this time.

Bob L
    We love you, man...

Scott

Session went well so far... the beta had some issues which were fixed within hours of getting back home. All in all, it was great to have the monitor capability in Live mode when playing back and punching-in... and the solo bus was a nice addition... now its easy to monitor all the different headphone mixes in the control room, without any additional hardware.

The session is very cool music... all latin based big horn stuff... lots of percussion which we still have to overdub.

We have some sax parts left to add and then all the solos and we will then be into editing mode.

The session has been in progress for the last two weeks... last night was the first shot with the new beta... its starting to come together.

Bob L