Close

Default Dual Screen Cursor solution

On my dual screen system, the secondary screen sits to the left of the primary (don't ask why, I can't change it).
    With this setup, moving the cursor from one screen to the other drove me absolutely crazy, Until I found a utility called CursorUs!
    This bit of software allows the cursor to go past the normal screen boundaries, and it has additional options which allows you to stop it continuing when the cursor moves vertically or when you move to the top right corner. unfortunately there is no restriction applying to the left bottom corner, but this is so far not a big deal.
    I have not tested if it interferes with performance as yet!

Thought I share this!

Cheers.......Robert V.

Default Re: Dual Screen Cursor solution

Consider switching monitor plugs in the back of the computer if you can't physical re-arrange the monitors... I think it would be a lot easier to operate if things moved from left to right... of course unless you are asian.

Bob L

Bob;
    We are running a 2 person operation with 3 screens, the left and middle showing SS connected to 1 computer, and the RH screen running a sequencer (currently not MWS) connected to another computer operated by the other person (both computers synced with MTC). I want the middle screen to be the main screen and the left to show z-mixer , fx etc. To us this is the most ergonomic way of operation. (i'm left handed, the other person right handed, and this layout seems to work best).

I just wanted to share the discovery of this little utility which made my life (even) more pleasant!

Robert V.

Sounds like you have it handled... ignore my last message

Bob L

5. Default Re: Dual Screen Cursor solution

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    On my dual screen system, the secondary screen sits to the left of the primary (don't ask why, I can't change it).
    Why? Just kidding... if you right-click on your desktop and go to Properties, the Display Properties dialog will come up. Go to the Settings tab, and then you can indicate where each monitor is located by dragging the monitor picture to the appropriate location.

read the whole thread, you'll see why. For the record, he said not to ask why.

7. Default Re: Dual Screen Cursor solution

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Itriago View Post
    read the whole thread, you'll see why. For the record, he said not to ask why.
    I know. For the record, I run a dual screen setup with the secondary on the left, too, and I don't need to use a program to accomplish this by following the steps I listed in my previous response.

8. Default Re: Dual Screen Cursor solution

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    With this setup, moving the cursor from one screen to the other drove me absolutely crazy
    Glad to hear your utility solution is working. I've encountered similar probs in the past...and Sean's suggestion can work too in some cases (depends if spanning or if in clone mode, etc.).

FWIW, both ATI and nVidia cards often have applets that can fix the problem in some cases -- they basically allow you to micro-manage how the cursor tracks, where dialog boxes default, full screen to a single monitor, etc. You probably have already tried those (if you have one), but just thought I'd mention it, just in case, since it has helped me reconfigure my monitors more than once.

Thanks for the replies, the video card is a Ati Fire GL4 and the software with it is quite flexible, I have to have another play with it! So far I'm only testing to see if it is suitable.
    BTW the computer i'm setting up is a HP X4000 that was used in a previous life as a CAD workstation. So far it seems to be fast. Fortunately it will go in a computer cabinet outside the control room, so the noise coming from the 4 or 4 cooling fans is not an issue. I suppose the 2 Gig of memory and dual Xeons would not hurt, and it came for a song

Robert V.