Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.0!!!!!

1. Default 4.0!!!!!

Nice website changes... Now to order my upgrade...

Default Re: 4.0!!!!!

I just caught it too!

W00T!!!

Favorite new feature:

A new feature allows you to copy an MT marked area directly to a Region by pressing Ctrl-C. The region is automatically selected in the Regions View allowing you to instantly follow up with an Insert or Shift-Insert keystroke to paste the data to a new location.
    Last edited by AudioAstronomer; 11-08-2006 at 12:18 AM.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

3. Default Re: 4.0!!!!!

Fantastic!!! YEAH!!!

Awesome! Jeanne, I can't say how much more I like the site changes (well, I guess I just did). I came across a dead link, though, on this page:
    http://www.sawstudiostore.com/Produc...uctCode=RML047
    The href for this link -- http://www.sawstudio.com/lrn_sawstudio.htm -- is dead. Also, after clicking on "order now" and going to the SS Store site, I saw no way to navigate back to the regular SS site.

Gonna have to wait a bit to get the upgrade, but the changes sound great! Yeay!!

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Well when i bought last January, I was told 4 was around the corner and the 4 upgrade would be free to new users. Oh well, I just bought a crossgrade to Sampletude because I don't care for being lied to to, neither will my attorney and **** you Bob, your a liar.
    John

6. Default Re: 4.0!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Q View Post
    Awesome! Jeanne, I can't say how much more I like the site changes (well, I guess I just did). I came across a dead link, though. The href for this link is dead. Also, after clicking on "order now" and going to the SS Store site, I saw no way to navigate back to the regular SS site.
    Hi Jay,

Thanks for the kudos! And good catch on the dead storefront link. This has been fixed and I've also added a link back to the SAWStudio site from the store banner. Good suggestion.

Thanks again!
    -Jeanne

Oh well, I just bought a crossgrade to Sampletude because I don't care for being lied to to, neither will my attorney and **** you Bob, your a liar.
    Well, there's some loyalty for you.

Not sure how to reply. I have been working hard on 4.0 for a long time now... and yes its late by a long shot... but I'm not sure that would classify me as a liar and someone out to cheat my customers, as your tone implies.

Judging from your forum posts throughout the year, it seems like you were a happy customer having fun using SAWStudio since last Jan... not sure where all this disgruntled attitude comes from... but it's hard to believe its over a $100 upgrade fee.

It seems like there would have been a much more professional way to handle your grievance instead of just coming out in public slandering me and threatening lawyers.

I would also imagine it must have cost a lot more than $100 to crossgrade over to Samplitude... Good Luck with your new journey.

A simple private email could have gone a long way to arriving at an understanding here. Too bad.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by johndale View Post
    Well when i bought last January, I was told 4 was around the corner and the 4 upgrade would be free to new users. Oh well, I just bought a crossgrade to Sampletude because I don't care for being lied to to, neither will my attorney and **** you Bob, your a liar.
    John
    This is a pretty shameful post (I'm assuming it's serious - seems hard to believe one way or the other).

I'm sorry that it had to appear on an otherwise happy day.

Thanks for your work Bob.

Dominic

Boy, John!

Bob is right about your using the public forum to complain in this instance. It should have come as no surprise. That this would be a paid update has been common knowledge for weeks and has been mentioned several times for quite some time before that.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Given the incredible amount of new stuff, $100 is a bargain. I really don't see how anyone can complain.... oh well.

If we are talking favourite new features, then this has to be it for me:

A new MT-Entry editing feature has been added to allow you to slide the Region data within an existing MT-Entry without repositioning the entry. Shift-Right-Dragging within an MT-Entry will slide the data within the entry boundaries without affecting the entry size or position. This can be very helpful when making slight adjustments on various tracks to align horn or vocal parts.
    This is going to make classical music editing so much easier and quicker. Just get your outgoing and incoming takes butted up to each other in roughly the right sort of position, then Shift-Right-Drag to get the tempo right, and then Alt-Ctrl-Drag to get the edit point right. No more having to tighten an edit by Alt-Dragging the left edge of the incoming take, then sliding the region back to fill the hole. Woo-hoo!

Bob - will this work for multitrack editing? i.e. slide the data for all regions under the cursor on all selected tracks? That would be great! And even better if it was visual too - seeing the waveform move as you drag.

Can't wait to try it out....

Mark