Close

Thread: New behavior x2

Default New behavior x2

1. Focus change on Ctrl-S

While editing in the MT, I hit Ctrl-S to save the session and the focus changed to the SF. I hit Ctrl-S again and the focus changed back to the MT.

2. In REC, space bar goes to REC RDY, if you were in REC RDY before REC. If no REC RDY before REC, space bar goes to STOP.

Didn't it always go to STOP in previous versions? Is this part of the design change to keep REC RDY going for plugs that need the engine running?
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Default Re: New behavior x2

Hi Ian,

I can answer the first one - it is fixed in the new 4.0a release. I was having the same issue and Bob busted a cap in it!

Not sure about the 2nd one though.
    David Benkert

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    2. In REC, space bar goes to REC RDY, if you were in REC RDY before REC. If no REC RDY before REC, space bar goes to STOP.

Didn't it always go to STOP in previous versions? Is this part of the design change to keep REC RDY going for plugs that need the engine running?
    This change actually happened in 3.9e. From the release notes:

* Live Input Mode will now automatically be restored when play and record modes are stopped if Live Input Mode was active at the time the other modes were started. Rec- Rdy will now behave the same… If Rec-Rdy is active when you start SRP or Rec mode, Rec-Rdy will automatically restore when you stop the SRP or Rec operation.

and I think you're right as to the reason for this change, to keep engine running (making it possible for a quick getaway...)

// Marvin
    "It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black." - Nigel Tufnel

Thanks guys. I'll try to keep up.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

No worries Ian, I know how it is... I've been requesting new features that, as it shows, has been implemented for a few years.... guess I should read the f* manual one more time, always new stuff in there

// Marvin
    "It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black." - Nigel Tufnel

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    This change actually happened in 3.9e. From the release notes:

* Live Input Mode will now automatically be restored when play and record modes are stopped if Live Input Mode was active at the time the other modes were started. Rec- Rdy will now behave the same… If Rec-Rdy is active when you start SRP or Rec mode, Rec-Rdy will automatically restore when you stop the SRP or Rec operation.

and I think you're right as to the reason for this change, to keep engine running (making it possible for a quick getaway...)

// Marvin
    I didn't notice this change until the upgrade to 4.0. (I skipped a few of the later 3.9 releases since the updates didn't really affect me.) Is there any way to turn this off? I always start out with Rec-Rdy, check my levels, then hit Rec. Once I'm done, I hit STOP. Now, since the change, I have to hit STOP twice each time to then close the record window. I don't use the live mode, so this added "feature" is actually more of a hindrance.

No... but if you turn OFF Rec/Rdy before you go into Rec... then Stop will shut down the engine.

Bob L